VSU Frequently Asked Questions
All VSU students have the option of living on-campus during their time at Valdosta State. To apply for campus housing, complete the Housing Application available in the Housing Portal:
- Navigate to MyVSU (myvsu.valdosta.edu)
- Log in with your VSU email and password.
- Select the grey "View All" button under the “Portals” section.
- Scroll down and select Housing/Residence Hall Assignments
- Select "Application" from the top beige navigation banner.
- Choose the appropriate term.
- Select "Save & Continue" to proceed with the application.
Valdosta State offers a variety of competitive intramural sports, including football and basketball. You can call (229) 333 - SEAT (7328) to purchase Blazer Athletics tickets. For a full list of Blazer Athletics sports, game schedules, team rosters and ticket information, check out Valdosta State Blazers.
Members of the VSU community are offered access to the Campus Recreation heated swimming pool, fitness facilities, equipment and programs.
Locations and Menus
There are multiple campus dining locations and menus to choose from at Valdosta State University. Visit Blazer Dining: Locations and Menus to explore all your campus dining options. For additional assistance with Blazer Dining locations and menus, contact Blazer Dining.
VSU Students living on campus are required to have a meal plan. Check out Blazer Dining: Meal Plans to view the available meal plan options. Although Dining Dollars and FLEX are two separate accounts, both link to your VSU 1Card and can be used to make on-campus food purchases. For assistance with Meal Plans (including FLEX and Dining Dollars), contact VSU 1Card Services at (229) 259 - 2593.
VSU students, faculty and staff are granted access to Odum Library and its services:
The University Police Department protects the VSU community and provides campus services such as:
- Blazer Guardian App: Access within the V-State Mobile App, or download separately from Google Play (Android) or the App Store (Apple).
- Police Escort (available 24/7): To request an escort, contact UPD at (229) 333 - 7816.
- Lost & Found: To make a report, complete the Lost and Found Form or call (229) 333 - 7816.
- Campus Carry: View House Bill 280 for more information on the "Campus Carry" legislation.
- Crime/Emergency Response: To report a crime or emergency, contact UPD at (229) 259 - 5555.
- Anonymous Tips: To report an anonymous tip, contact UPD at (229) 219 - 3171.
Scholarships can be provided from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to incoming freshmen each Fall semester. To qualifiy, students must:
- Be accepted into VSU by March 1
- Have a minimum high school GPA of 3.1
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1250 or an ACT score of 28
Existing students can apply for the VSU General Scholarship for the academic year from October 1 through March 1 via Banner:
- Log into MyVSU with your VSU email and password.
- Select Banner > Financial Aid Application Menu tab > Apply for VSU Scholarships
The Student Health Center is available for currently enrolled full-time students who have paid the health fee and are taking at least one semester hour. Student Health Services include:
The Academic Support Center (ASC) offers peer tutoring, online tutoring through BlazeView, and academic workshops. Check out ASC Workshops for a complete list of available and upcoming workshops. Visit the Academic Support Center Webpage or contact Academic Support Center at (229) 333 - 7570 for more information.
Valdosta State offers numerous campus employment opportunities to interested candidates. To apply, select the application link associated with the position(s) you're interested in:
Students should apply for graduation at least two (2) full semesters in advance of the anticipated graduation date by:
VSU Undergraduate and Graduate Commencement Ceremonies take place each year on campus in May and December. Graduation specifics, including dates and locations, are available on the VSU Commencement Webpage. Contact Event Services at (229) 333 - 5998 for more information.
FLEX accounts are campus debit accounts which are separate from Student Accounts in Banner and Dining/Meal Plan accounts. You can check and add funds to your FLEX account online using the VSU 1Card Services Portal. For more information, review the FLEX Account Webpage or contact 1Card Services at (229) 259 - 2593.
The New Media Center offers a number of services for VSU students and employees such as:
Division of Information Technology
- 1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Solutions Center
- Phone: 229.245.4357
- Fax: 229.245.4349
VSU Solutions Center
Eastern Standard Times
Mon-Thurs: 8 am - 7 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 2 pm
Sunday: 9 am - 3 pm