Details/pricing for VSU meal plans and general dining operations questions (including hours of operation, promotions, coupons, and punch cards) should be directed to Blazer Dining.
Please contact the VSU 1Card Services office via the Meal Plan Contact Us Form for the following: if you have questions/concerns about the meal plan assigned to your account and the associated charges; issues relating to adding/deleting/changing your meal plan; or if you experience problems when trying to access your meal plan via your 1Card.
- If you live in a VSU residence hall, you are required to purchase a meal plan (refer to your copy of the Housing & Residence Life contract).
- Freshman meal plan options are Blazer All Access, Blazer Platinum, and Blazer Gold. If you select a plan for which you are not eligible, it will be changed.
- Spring 2021 meal plan change deadline is Thursday, January 14th, at NOON (12 pm). No changes will be processed after the deadline.
- Dining Dollars roll from fall-to-spring semester only.
- At the end of spring and summer semesters, Dining Dollars balances of $10.00 or more will be credited to your student account in Banner.
- Unused meal swipes are forfeited at the end of each semester.
- Students are limited to three (3) meal plan changes per semester. You must submit changes in your student account in Banner before the meal plan change deadline.
- The meal plan change deadline is always scheduled for the first Thursday of the semester [during the first official week of classes at NOON (12 pm)].
- Summer Semesters: If you have an active room assignment for any residence hall during the summer, a meal plan is required. The required minimum plan for Centennial Hall residents is $200 Dining Dollars (CENT residents can upgrade); the required plan for residents in any other hall is the VSU Summer 56 plan (56 meal swipes plus $150 Dining Dollars).
- When adding/changing your meal plan in Banner, click the "Submit Plan" button ONCE. Double-clicking may cause issues with your student account balance in Banner and your meal plan privileges in the 1Card software.
All requests for information must be submitted in writing by the student (the account holder). If the student has given VSU permission to disclose account information to a parent/guardian via a "Student Records Release" form, they may request information by email* as well. The release form and other important forms are located on the VSU Registrar's website. *Note that the student must be copied on all correspondence.
On-Campus Food Purchases with Dining Dollars and FLEX Funds
When making food purchases at any of the dining locations on-campus (including the two markets), please specify from which account you would like to pay. Dining Dollars and FLEX are two separate accounts that are accessible via your VSU 1Card, and the payment process will be expedited if you inform the cashiers of your payment preference. Debit/credit cards and cash are accepted at most locations as well.