Details/pricing for VSU meal plans and general dining operations questions (including hours of operation, promotions, coupons, and punch cards) should be directed to Blazer Dining.
Please contact the VSU 1Card Services office via the Meal Plan Contact Us Form for the following: if you have questions/concerns about the meal plan assigned to your account and the associated charges; issues relating to adding/deleting/changing your meal plan; or if you experience problems when trying to access your meal plan via your 1Card.
- If you live in a VSU residence hall, you are required to purchase a meal plan, per the Housing & Residence Life contract.
- Freshman meal plan options are Blazer All Access, Blazer All Access plus 10 meal exchange, and Blazer All Access plus 5 meal exchange. If you select a plan for which you are not eligible, it will be changed per VSU policy/eligibility requirements.
- Spring 2024 meal plan change deadline is Wednesday, January 10th, at 11:59 PM. No changes will be processed after the deadline.
- Residential Students: If you do not select a meal plan when you register for classes, the default plan (Blazer Apartment for Centennial Hall and Blazer All Access for all other halls) will be automatically assigned to your account.
- Dining Dollars roll from fall-to-spring semester only.
- At the end of spring and summer semesters, Dining Dollars balances of $10.00 or more will be credited to your student account in Banner.
- Weekly swipe plans (Blazer 10 and Blazer 8) have a set number of meals per week; any meals not utilized at the end of that week are forfeited (reset is on Sundays). For Blazer All Access, Blazer Apartment, and VSU 50, the unused meal swipes are forfeited at the end of each semester.
- Students are limited to one (1) meal plan changes per semester. You must submit changes in the Meal Plan Portal before the posted meal plan change deadline.
- The meal plan change deadline for fall and spring semesters is always scheduled for the first Wednesday of the semester (during the first official week of classes) at 11:59 PM.
- Summer Semesters: If you have an active room assignment for any residence hall during the summer, a meal plan is required. The required minimum plan for all residence halls is $200 Dining Dollars [you may upgrade to $400 or $800 before the summer meal plan change deadline, which is Thursday, June 8th, at NOON (12 PM)]. Please note that dining options are limited during all summer terms. Locations and hours of operation are provided by Blazer Dining.
All requests for information must be submitted in writing by the student (the account holder). If the student has given VSU permission to disclose account information to a parent/guardian via a "Student Records Release" form, they may request information by email* as well. The release form and other important forms are located on the VSU Registrar's website. *Note that the student must be copied on all correspondence.
On-Campus Food Purchases with Meal Plans, Dining Dollars, and FLEX
When making food purchases at any of the dining locations on-campus, please specify from which account you would like to pay. Meal Swipes, Meal Exchanges, Dining Dollars, and FLEX are separate accounts that are accessible via your VSU 1Card. The payment process will be expedited if you inform the cashiers of your payment preference; should you have any questions or concerns about the account charged for your purchases, please visit the specific dining location and ask to speak to a manager. Debit/credit cards and cash are accepted at most locations as well.