ID Photo Submission
Please upload your photo at least 72 hours prior to attending your scheduled orientation. All photo submission status notifications will be delivered to your "valdosta.edu" email account (approvals, rejections, etc.). If your photo submission is rejected, you will not receive an ID at orientation.
If you are unsure of your MyVSU account information or need to reset your password please visit the MyVSU Password Reset Utility.
Your initial VSU 1Card is free of charge.
The VSU 1Card is used for identification purposes to access assigned privileges and accounts. If the photo on your 1Card is not legible, services may be denied.
Please read the following and then submit a photo using the link at the bottom of the page.
- Wear hats, sunglasses or other items that obscure the face
- Have glare on glasses or closed eyes
- Shadows on the face
- Do not use Snap Chat photos
- Do not use filters of any kind (black & white, sepia, retro, etc.)
- Other visible people or objects in photo
- Group photos
- Blurry photos
- Inappropriate expressions
- Photos outside
- Crop off the top of your head or side angle your face
Most Common Reasons Photos are Rejected
- The photo is from too far away. Be sure to crop the photo so that it goes from the top of your head to the top of your shoulders.
- Exposure - the photo is too light or too dark.
- The background is not white or a light color. Bright blue, red, black or outdoor backgrounds are not acceptable.
- The background is not solid (use a blank, light-colored wall for best results).
Example of an acceptable photo:
South Georgia State College Students
South Georgia College Students must visit the VSU 1Card office to have their picture taken and 1Card made in person.
1205 N Patterson St.
University Center, Entrance 6 or 7
Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698