Fall 2020 Commencement
Congratulations Fall, Spring, and Summer 2020 graduates! We are excited to officially invite you to Fall Commencement on Monday, December 14, 2020. It will be in person once again, but there is a location change due to the governor’s executive order about the ongoing pandemic. Please see the information below. We will continue to update you as our plans evolve.
Date: Monday, December 14, 2020
Location: Bazemore-Hyder Stadium
Time: There will be four graduation ceremonies this day
- 9:00am - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- 12:30pm - College of the Arts and Langdale College of Business Administration
- 4:00pm - Dewar College of Education and Human Services, College of Science and Mathematics, and College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- 7:30pm - Graduate School
- November 30 – Deadline to register to participate in Fall 2020 Commencement
- Mid November: Deadline to order your cap and gown. Order Today You can purchase Cap & Gown/Commencement Regalia in person at the VSU Bookstore (1st Floor – Student Union) Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm & Friday 9am-3pm
- Virtual Ring Days November 9th-12th – Get $100 at your Scheduled Virtual Appointment. Schedule Now.
- FREE Grad pics on the Front Lawn
- Tues, Nov 10: 10am-12pm
- Thur, Nov 12: 10am-12pm
- Mon, Nov 16: 10am-1pm
- Thur, Nov 19: 10am-1pm
Attention Spring and Summer Graduates
- Be sure to check your valdosta.edu email the first week of November for information on how to participate in Commencement. There's no need to apply for graduation since you already graduated!
- If you cannot get into your VSU email, please contact the VSU IT Help Desk to reset your password at 229-245-4357 (HELP).
- Masks are required to be worn by graduates, guests, and all staff on hand.
- Tickets will be required for guests attending Commencement. Each graduate will receive 1 pod of 5 guest seat tickets. Pods of 5 seats will be marked throughout the stadium to ensure social distancing can be maintained. Graduates: after you apply for graduation, you will then register to participate in the ceremony. This registration form will come to your VSU email. After completing your registration for Commencement, you will receive an email regarding securing your tickets. Please check your Valdosta.edu email regularly.
- Fall Commencement will be live streamed so those unable to attend can also celebrate with the graduates.
*Four ceremonies are being held to ensure social distancing and the safety of all graduates, their families, and the entire VSU campus community. There will be specific plans on where graduates should enter the stadium, how families should enter, where everyone should sit, etc. We will update you on these plans as the ceremony gets closer.
**The date for Fall Commencement is being changed because the venue has changed due to CDC guidelines. With football playoffs underway during December, there was no way to guarantee that the Valdosta Wildcats would not still be taking part in the GHSA playoffs. Moving the ceremonies to Monday ensures that playoff football will not interfere with our celebration.
***Thorough cleaning and sanitizing will take place in between ceremonies.