Resident Assistant Application Process
- Welcome to Housing and Residence Life
- FAQs Index
- Amenities and Hall Information
- Persona PIN
- Contracts, Fees, and Payments
- Rules and Policies
- Maintenance and Custodial Services
- Moving In
- Registration and Room Assignment
- Residence Hall Life
- Roommates and Room Changes
- Safety and Security
- Summer Housing and Storage
- My VSU
- Service Desk Help
- Get Involved
- Mission and Vision Statement
- Meet Our Staff
- Work For Us!
- Themed Communities
- To Bring or Not To Bring: The Ultimate College Packing List
- Emotional Support Animals
- Returning Student Selection 2024
Resident Assistants (RA) are paraprofessionals who live in the Residence Halls and build community in order to provide safety and security for the residents of the halls. By providing a peer-to-peer resource relationship, it is the responsibility of the RA to connect with students to ensure their academic and personal success during their stay in the Residence Halls. This position is a 10-hour per week, Fall and Spring Appointment. The remuneration for the position is in the form of a discounted on-campus room and an hourly rate of 7.25/hour to be paid in bi-weekly increments during the academic year.
- Must be a student in good standing with the University
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.65
- Has attended VSU for at least one semester
This link will take you to the application. You will need a resume and two letters of recommendation for your application.
The application for the '24-'25 academic school year opens on October 9th, 2023, and will close on January 26th, 2024. More information on the interview and decision process will be provided upon the completion of your application.