Please read the following information below before applying for Summer Housing.
Summer housing will be located in Langdale Hall.
There are a limited number of private rooms available for the summer and priority will be given to students staying for the entire summer. Students needing a private room as an accommodation must go through the Access Office. Summer Ignite students will be placed in Double Rooms in Lowndes Hall.
Langdale Summer Rates
$544 for a double room per session
|Summer II (June and July)||
$1,058 for a double room
|Whole Summer (Maymester PLUS Summer II)||
$1,572 for a double room
- Summer Housing Application 2018 (Access with MyVSU login and Password)
- 2018 Summer Housing Contract
- Meal Plan information
- Summer Dining Hours of Operation
Frequency asked questions
Q: If I'm taking summer classes over the summer, where will I be housed?
A: For Summer 2018, all students will be housed in Langdale Hall.
Q: If I reside in Centennial, do I still have to apply for Summer Housing?
A: No, current residence of Centennial do not need to sign up for summer housing as it is included in the 2017-18 contract.
Q: If I am moving into Centennial in Fall 2018, can I move in early over the summer?
A; No, students are not able to move in for the Summer sessions because students under contract for these will still be housed there for the summer. Move in/move out dates will be on the Housing & Residence Life website.
All move-in times will start at 10:00 am.
- If students are staying on campus for Maymester and Full Summer term, this is WHOLE SUMMER. Move in will be Wednesday, May 9th and move out will be Friday, July 27th.
- Students currently living on campus and staying for Maymester can remain in their current assignment until May 9th for an additional fee of $75. This amount will be added to their student accounts and will need to be paid by May 18th, 2018.
- Students can move out earlier than the day posted if they are able to.
|Summer I/Maymester||Wednesday, May 9th||Saturday, June 2nd|
|Summer II (full term)||Monday, June 4th||Friday, July 27th|
|Summer III (June only)||Monday, June 4th||Saturday, June 30th|
|Summer VI (July only)||Tuesday, July 3rd||Friday, July 27th|
*We do not have facilities on campus for students to store belongings between Spring and Summer or between Summer and Fall.
*ALL Residence Hall spaces will close on Friday, July 27th. To prepare for Opening for Fall 2018, we are unable to house any students between July 27th and when the halls open for Fall 2018.