Emotional Support Animals
- Welcome to Housing and Residence Life
- FAQs Index
- Amenities and Hall Information
- Persona PIN
- Contracts, Fees, and Payments
- Rules and Policies
- Maintenance and Custodial Services
- Moving In
- Registration and Room Assignment
- Residence Hall Life
- Roommates and Room Changes
- Safety and Security
- Summer Housing and Storage
- My VSU
- Service Desk Help
- Get Involved
- Mission and Vision Statement
- Meet Our Staff
- Work For Us!
- Themed Communities
- To Bring or Not To Bring: The Ultimate College Packing List
- Emotional Support Animals
The Office of Housing and Residence Life does not approve requests for Emotional Support Animals on campus or allow animals that are not approved inside of our residence halls.
Please visit the Access Office website for information about how to get an Emotional Support Animal approved and the process to do so.
Please note that once approval has been received from the Access Office, students must still be approved through Housing.
Items that are required include:
- Proof of shots if applicable – for example a full series of rabies shots for cats and dogs is required, which does require animals to be a certain age
- Statement from current Vet that ESA is of good health and free of fleas if applicable
- Roommate agreement to an ESA being in the room
- Additional student ESA contract
- Photo of ESA for records