Remote Desktop Connection
- Access any software, documents, or emails available on your office computer without copying files.
- Access applications that can only be run from on-campus, such as Banner Forms.
- Print to your networked office printer.
Only approved faculty and staff can utilize a remote desktop connection (RDC).
STEP 1: Print and complete the RDC Request Form
Note: Electronically signed RDC forms will not be accepted. Physical signatures are required.
STEP 2: Submit the completed form using one of the following methods:
- Deliver via inner-campus mail to Information Security.
- Scan physically signed form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand deliver to the Information Security office, currently located on the 2nd Floor of Pine Hall
VSU Information Security (InfoSec) reviews all requests from VSU faculty and staff wishing to establish network connections originating off campus.
APPROVED: You will be notified that your request was approved. An IT technician will be dispatched to configure your office computer for RDC.
DENIED: You will be sent an email explaining why your request was not approved.
Once approved and your office computer has been set up, you can use the configuration guide for your device platform to enter the settings for a remote desktop connection:
For additional assistance, contact VSU Solutions Center.
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
VSU Solutions Center
Eastern Standard Times
Mon-Thurs: 8 am - 9 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 8 am - 1 pm
Sunday: 8am - 2 pm