Resume Referral and Registration through CCN
ALUMNI REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
All students are eligible to use the Valdosta State University online job board after completing the following registration process through a site that has been specially designed by College Central Network. You must have an email address to register. Follow these simple steps:
- Go to: www.collegecentral.com/valdosta
- Select the Alumni icon, and read the information and announcements on the next page.
- Go to the Register Now link.
- Verify the pre-filled school name.
- Create an Access ID and a Password that you will remember. Don’t use your Soc. Sec. #.
- Then Continue Registration.
- Enter all demographic information. All fields must be completed. Answer questions about your work interests and your education. Employers will search this information to choose appropriate candidates, so complete all fields.
Your registration will need to be approved before you can upload your resume. You will receive an e-mail when your registration has been approved.
- From your homepage, select Upload a Resume and follow the instructions. You should have a resume completed at this time to upload. Acceptable formats are listed. If you do not upload a resume, employers will not be able to contact you.
- Your resume will be reviewed and approved by our office before it can be submitted via the system and searched by employers. You will be notified by email when your resume has been approved or if it is not approved.
- When a new resume is uploaded it takes the place of the current resume. Resumes that have not been updated in 18 months will be purged from the database.
To login, after selecting the Alumni icon from the homepage, select Alumni Central on the next screen. Verify your pre-filled school name and enter your Access ID and Password.
If you forget your ID or Password, go to the login screen to access it.
Check for new jobs frequently. Keep your registration information and resume up to date.
- Go to your homepage. You may search for jobs without uploading a resume but know that employers cannot find you if you do not have a resume in the system.
- From your homepage, select Search for Jobs Posted to My School, enter criteria specific to the type of job you are seeking, and then Begin Search. You may also Search for Jobs in CCN’s Jobs Central, our national jobs database.
Note: When conducting your job search, selecting several search criteria, such as Major, Job Targets, etc., narrows your search. Also try searching different criteria. To view all jobs, leave all the search fields blank.
- To monitor your job search, select View My Job Search History from your homepage.