International Students Resources
Career Opportunities is a multifaceted career center designed to assist VSU Students and Alumni in meeting their career goals; through our partnerships with local, regional, and national employers to identify talent to enhance today's workforce.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday, Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM | Friday 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
We provide walk-in hours for students needing assistance with Resumes. For Career Counseling and other career related services, schedule an appointment to meet with the Career Counselors, Employer Relations Team, or Volunteer Services Coordinator.
Tuesdays from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM | Wednesdays from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM | Thursdays 9:00 AM - 12 Noon
CAREER AFTER HOURS AND PROGRAMMING
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Questions about employment, and immigration starts with the Center for International Programs
For (F1) eligibility International Student Employment contact David Huffman (229) 333-7410. All International Students interested in CO-Op should communicate their work plans with CIP.
- Should be in the US for a year to be eligible for CPT
- Obtain Sophomore status (completed 30 hours) before being placed in a Co-op position
- Maintain a minimum semester and cumulative GPA of 2.0 (Academic "Good Standing")
CO-OP WORK OPTIONS
Alternating Co-op: Students work full-time, alternating semesters. A minimum of two work semesters is required.
- Parallel Co-ops: Students work 10-20 hours per week while attending VSU a minimum of half-time each semester. A minimum of four work semesters is required.
- Part-time Internship: Students work 10-20 hours per week while attending VSU a minimum of half-time. Can repeat up to two semesters.
- Full-Time Internship: Students work full-time, up to two semesters.
**Once placed in a Co-op position, any changes in work schedule, employer, or other matters effecting the status of a Co-op position must be approved in writing by your Co-op Coordinator or Assistant Director, Mr. Darius Anthony, email@example.com.
Job Free Search Tool
Blazing Careers (Powered by Handshake)
4-Year Career Plan
Top 50 Companies for OPT Jobs in 2022
- Student Union, 2nd Floor, Room 2218 Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5942
- Fax: 229.259.5515