Career Counseling Services
Career Counseling is available on an individual basis to currently enrolled students to discuss issues such as deciding on a major, choosing a career, and job search related issues. The office utilizes inventories to assist students with identifying their interests, skills, career related personality preferences, and values in order to make sound career decisions. These inventories are also available to alumni as well as to the community at a nominal fee.
Walk In Services are provided to students on Tuesdays from 1pm-4pm; Wednesdays from 1pm-4pm and Thursdays from 9am-12noon
Mock Interview Services are provided for interview preparation for traditional face-to-face interviews; Online or Skype Interviews and Telephone Interviews.
Resume Development is provided to students through the use of Optimal Resume (Note: This link will take you to an external website)
Focus 2 Career Assessment tool used to guide students through a reliable, intuitive career and education decision making model.
Scheduling an Appointment with a Career Counselor
If you would like to schedule an appointment with one of our counselors, please see the following information.
1. Log onto Blazer Briefcase (Please note this will take you to an external website)
2. On the left-hand side of the screen, select the link “Career Experts.”
3. Select “Make Appointment” next to the individual you wish to schedule an appointment with. Career Specialists are listed on the next page of these instructions according to major. Please be sure to select the career specialist assigned to you by major.
4. Select the day and time for your appointment and then click “Confirm.”
5. Enter the details for your appointment by filling out all of the required fields (First Name, Last Name, Email, Student ID, Major, Phone Number, and Reason for Appointment (Career Counseling, Resume Review, Job Search, Career Testing, Internship, etc.), then click “Schedule Event.”
6. On the next screen, click “Add to your Calendar” to add this appointment to your personal calendar.
To cancel or change your appointment, select the appointment from your personal calendar and follow the instructions provided.
7. For additional assistance, please call the Office of Career Opportunities at 229-333-5942.