Work/Teach/Learn at Home Resources
Be productive and engaged even when you are not on VSU's beautiful campus . . . these Tech Tools are designed to help faculty, staff and students to work and learn dynamically no matter where they are. You may already be familiar with some of these tools; while others may be unique to working, teaching, and learning remotely. Either way, if you need additional help:
Contact VSU Solutions Center
Use 2FA and the Microsoft Authenticator App (the easiest method) to securely log in to MyVSU, OneUSG, and GeorgiaFIRST while off-campus.
Use the MyVSU WEB PORTAL to access VSU email & Office 365, Banner, BlazeVIEW, Success Portal, and many more online applications.
Use the self-service PASSWORD RESET TOOL to change your MyVSU/Active Directory password as needed.
Check and compose VSU email
Use ONEDRIVE to save, share files, and edit documents collaboratively
Access web-based versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- INSTALL THE LATEST FULL-VERSION OF MICROSOFT OFFICE SUITE (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneDrive, and more)
Students and Employees can download the suite for free on up to 5 personal computers and 5 personal mobile devices.
Use MICROSOFT TEAMS to collaborate with co-workers and students: chat, share files, video conference call, and more.
Once a Teams site has been created for you, you can access it through Office 365, desktop application, or mobile app.
- All VSU students and employees are eligible for 5 computer and 5 mobile device installations of MICROSOFT OFFICE.
- BORROW A LAPTOP from VSU New Media Center at no charge.
- Students can download, install, and activate MATHEMATICA on their home computers.
- AUTODESK offers many of their products for free to students.
- FINALE Music Notation software has extended their free trial from 30 days to now 60 days.
USG TECHNOLOGY STORE offers VSU employees discounted, brand-name software and services for work and personal computers.
Students, use THINKINGSTORM to access free online peer tutoring that is offered by VSU Academic Support Center
Students and Employees, use ODUM LIBRARY online resources and services
Faculty, check out eLEARNING & their TEACHING REMOTELY site
Students and Employees, use Infobase for video tutorials on a variety of technology software and tools. Access through MyVSU
Employees can also use Percipio to access learning modules, books, and videos. Access through MyVSU
DOCUSIGN allows you to quickly and securely sign documents electronically and eliminates the need to deliver traditional paper forms. VSU Employees will be able to sign documents, use existing templates, and generate their own documents to request signature. VSU Students will be able to sign documents.
Access the DocuSign portal by logging in to MyVSU.
REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION (RDC) allows approved VSU employees to access and control their office computers using their home computer and/or mobile device for work-at-home purposes:
- Access any software, documents, or emails available on your office computer
- Access applications that can only be run from on-campus, such as Banner Admin
- Print to your networked office printer
Telephone & Voicemail
Request remote access to Jabber Instant Messaging and your office Soft-Phone. This feature allows you to make and answer calls, listen to your voice messages, instantly chat with co-workers and more. Please visit Cisco's Jabber Quickstart guide for steps on using this software.
Read the VoIP TELEPHONE GUIDE to learn how to:
- Setup your voicemail
- Listen to your voicemail remotely
- Forward your calls to another phone number
- Forward your calls to voicemail
Learn more about VSU Telecommunications
Division of Information Technology
- 1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Solutions Center
- Phone: 229.245.4357
- Fax: 229.245.4349
VSU Solutions Center
Eastern Standard Times
Mon-Thurs: 8 am - 7 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 2 pm
Sunday: 9 am - 3 pm