VSU offers free access to Skillport for all students, faculty & staff!
Download the app and take Skillport with you wherever you go!
You can read books on your phone using Skillport's Books 24/7!
Access short videos and make the most of your downtime!
Valdosta State University offers free access to Skillsoft and Books 24x7 for all students employees, faculty and staff.
- Skillsoft is a leading provider of e-learning and performance support solutions for organizations, including higher education institutions. Skillsoft offers a full library of resources to create customized learning plans by topic or goal.
- Resources in Skillsoft include courses, books, simulations, exams and videos. Skillsoft allows users to view e-learning content at their own pace and time. VSU has access to Skillsoft’s business skills, IT skills and desktop skills collections.
Skillsoft offers courses and test prep materials for participants to take specified certification exams. Examples include:
- Business certifications: ASQ (Six Sigma and CMQ/OE), Project Management Institute (PMI), Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA).
- Desktop certifications: Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Microsoft Office 2007 specialist and Microsoft Office 2010 specialist.
- IT professional certifications: Cisco, Microsoft, Oracle, VMware, Linux Professional Institute (LPI), CompTIA, Information Systems Examinations Board (ISEB).
After completing the Skillsoft training materials, participants would be responsible for scheduling and payment arrangements to take an exam offered by a certification agency, such as Microsoft, Cisco or PMI. Skillsoft advises participants to contact certification agencies in advance to ensure their learning materials are the latest requirements necessary to earn certification.
- Includes thousands of online titles that users may access. Users may elect to receive weekly emails of new titles.
- Users may bookmark and annotate key sections within books for tracking, and create personal folders to organize titles by interest or project.