Students, faculty, and staff of VSU may install, at no charge, the latest Microsoft Office Suite on up to five (5) personal computers; and Office Mobile apps on up to five (5) devices through the Microsoft Advantage program.
Beginning the week of October 25, 2020, current and future alumni will no longer have access to Microsoft Office 365 desktop applications that can be installed on personal devices. Continued access to Office 365 Email, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, and Office Online web applications will remain.
Initial PC/Mac Installation
- Pending Update
After the installation process has finished, you will need to activate the software. Although the activation screens may vary depending on whether you are installing software on a PC or MAC, be sure to choose the following options when prompted:
- Activate Microsoft Office with an Office 365 account. (Do not choose Activation Code!)
- Use an Organizational Account. (Do not choose Microsoft Account!)
Subsequent PC/Mac Installations
- Log into your VSU Email via MyVSU
- Click the Settings icon (gear icon) located in the top-right corner.
- Under Your app settings, select Office 365 from the right-bar menu.
- Select Settings and then Software.
- Choose preferred Language and Version.
- Click Install to begin downloading and installing software.
Mobile Apps (Software options/availability will vary depending on device)
In your device’s app store, look for Office Mobile apps, such as Outlook, OneNote, and OneDrive for Business, and separate Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps for mobile devices. OR Follow the Subsequent PC/Mac Installation steps 1-3, then:
- Choose Phone & tablet in the left-bar menu.
- Choose your specific phone or tablet from the drop-down menu, and click Get app.
- Enter your phone number or email and Microsoft will send a download link.
*Upon withdrawal, graduation, or end of employment from VSU, you agree to uninstall all software obtained through VSU-Microsoft Advantage Program.
- Solutions Center
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
VSU Solutions Center
Eastern Standard Times
Mon-Thurs: 8 am - 9 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 8 am - 1 pm
Sunday: 8am - 2 pm