Employee Technology Training
We offer training sessions to help you effectively use the technologies available at VSU. Classes are free to VSU employees, including student employees and graduate assistants.
- Register for classes at Employee & Organizational Development training site: www.valdosta.edu/training
- Dates, times, and location subject to change.
- Additional training may be offered throughout the semester.
- Currently, all sessions are conducted virtually through Microsoft Teams or Blackboard Collaborate.
WordPress is a WYSIWG web editor offered to VSU employees and official student organizations who wish to create individual, purpose-driven blogs/websites. Training topics include: basic WordPress functionality and features, including how to use the Gutenberg content editor; limitations; and how to request a site.
- Thursday, May 27, 10am-12pm
- Wednesday, June 16, 1pm-3pm
- Wednesday, July 7, 10am-12pm
The Cascade Basic class is required for those who are assigned to edit their departmental web site. This training can also serve as a 'refresher' for those who already have access. Training topics include:
- Login, Dashboard, Sites, Asset Tree
- Create, Edit, Publish, Live, Unpublish, Delete
- Assets: Pages, Images, Files, Folders
- My Content: Recent, Drafts, Locks, Workflows
Part I (Cascade Basics)
- Tuesday, June 1, 1pm-3pm
- Thursday, June 3, 10am-12pm
- Monday, June 21, 10am-12pm
- Tuesday, July 13, 10am-12pm
- Monday, July 19, 10am-12
Part IIThis optional training picks up where Cascade Basic left off and introduces web editing features such as: embedded video, _info page, modules, forms, and more. The training is intended for those who already have rights to edit their college or departmental website. Prerequisite: Cascade Basic.
- Wednesday, June 9, 1pm-3pm
- Wednesday, June 23, 1pm-3pm
- Thursday, July 15, 1pm-3pm
- Wednesday, July 21, 1pm-3pm
Tech Topics/Open Lab
Tech tips on a variety of topics: Teams, Office 365, Banner, Security, etc.
Success Portal: Designed for use by faculty, advisors, and student support staff, the Portal is VSU’s powerful tool that provides messaging tools, interactive dashboards, and student profiles to assess student performance and risk indicators.
Phishing Awareness: Learn what the term “phishing” means and ways you can identify it in emails, websites, and even phone calls. You’ll also learn how to protect your personal information and computer files from malicious intentions.
Smart Classroom: Learn how to use classroom teacher workstations and equipment.
VoIP Phone: Designed to help you become familiar with the features of the new Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone, this hands-on workshop will demonstrate tasks such as transferring calls and call forwarding; as well as introduce you to the instant messenger application called Jabber that integrates many of the phone features such as voicemail, conference chats/calls, and call history. Training offered by request
- Solutions Center
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
VSU Solutions Center
Eastern Standard Times
Mon-Thurs: 8 am - 7 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 2 pm
Sunday: 9 am - 3 pm