Welcome to The IDEA Center
Innovative Designs for Enhancing the Academy
- It’s a meeting place for faculty and teaching staff to get some coffee and talk with others about our teaching struggles and successes.
- It’s a place to find researchers in other disciplines who are studying similar topics, theories, or methods and who might want to talk or collaborate.
- It’s a place to ask others about turning a research idea into a marketable product.
- It’s a place to find mentors and coaches to help you succeed with promotion and tenure.
- It’s a quiet haven to think and write in peace, if you need one on campus.
In other words – The IDEA Center is for you. Just across the street from Main Campus, on Georgia Avenue, come enjoy the company of colleagues and take advantage of its many resources. Please click here for a brief explanation of The IDEA Center, its activities, and its funding opportunities.
The IDEA Center has two conference rooms upstairs where small groups can meet, and there is a quiet writing room, and downstairs, there is a lounge and a small kitchen area. We will have many resources there as well. We’ll keep it stocked with coffee and tea. For security reasons, there will not be any computer equipment available, but feel free to bring your own. Access to VSU’s Hallnet Wi-Fi network is available. There are a few parking spaces in the back, including one accessible space.
We hope to see you there soon!