For targeted help with teaching and course design, individual faculty can consult one-on-one with the Director of CELT (Dr. Jamie Landau) or an online instructional designer in the Center for eLearning. An entire department, college, or University initiative might also have curricular needs that require a group consultation or workshop that uses a CELT team to support the academic program.
Example individual and group consultations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Teaching observations that are separate from the formal promotion process
- Instructional design support to create new courses or revamp existing courses and curriculum
- Customized workshops that address the needs of a particular department, college, or academic program
- Researching and recommending evidence-based best practices for college teaching (e.g. pedagogy for first-generation students and students from diverse backgrounds, writing-intensive courses, hybrid and online courses, large lecture classes, high-impact practices such as undergraduate research, service-learning, and senior capstone).
- Collaborating in the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) by collecting data in VSU classes, reviewing literature, presenting at professional conferences, and publishing
- Planning and partnering in the facilitation of a faculty learning community