Transfer Student Orientation Guide
Transfer Student Blazer Beginnings Orientation is required for all incoming students with 30+ college credit hours.
Blazer Beginnings Orientation is designed to assist you and your family transition to VSU and assist in understanding all of the many great experiences VSU offers during this exciting time. The information below will help prepare you to participate in the online orientation session.
Spring 2021 Orientation:
- Complete the FAFSA. The status of your FAFSA can be viewed in the New Student Checklist. Once complete, you will be able to view your awards and estimated costs. Stay in contact with the Office of Financial Aid as needed until all required forms have been submitted.
- Locate and memorize your VSU ID#. Email email@example.com if you do not have your ID number.
- Access your VSU Email. Find your email by clicking on the "Email" button on the top right of the New Student Checklist. If you need assistance locating your VSU email address, email firstname.lastname@example.org. VSU email is the official campus communication.
- Register for online transfer orientation. On the orientation tab in the New Student Checklist, you can register.
- Submit official transcripts. Includes transcripts from all colleges attended, Dual Enrollment (Move on When Ready) courses, and AP (Advanced Placement), IB (International Baccalaureate), AICE (Cambridge Advanced International Certificate of Education) exams you have taken. Submit your transcripts/scores electronically to the Office of Admissions. Contact email@example.com if you have questions.
- Complete Transfer Student Orientation Checklist Action Items. Find detailed information here
- Complete the Online Orientation Session.
- Contact Your Academic Advising Center. You will be instructed when to do this following completion of the online orientation.