Valdosta State University Police
Ofc. McDonald talking with Valdosta State University Students
Police Escort Services
The Valdosta State University Police Department has established an escort program at Valdosta State University. This program provides additional protection to all VSU Associates (faculty, staff, students, and visitors) while walking around campus. It is in operation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our police officers are prepared to provide a walking escort to any member of the VSU community to any location on campus upon request. If you wish to utilize the service, simply dial (229) 333-7816 or use an Emergency Phone located throughout the campus. Once requested, a University Police Officer will meet you at a predetermined location and escort you to your destination.
Crime Prevention Reminder:
University Police would like to remind you that when you park your car, please lock your car and take all valuables with you. If you see something suspicious, do not hesitate to contact the University Police at 229-259-5555.
Please be aware of these safety tips:
- When you park your car, please lock your car and take your valuables with you.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- At night, walk in well lit areas and with a friend if possible.
- Make sure you know the locations of the Emergency Phones on campus.
- Program the VSU Police emergency number (229) 259-5555 and 911 in your phone and assign them to speed dial.
- Remember to utilize the VSU Police escort service (229) 333-7816.
- Inform the VSU Police of any suspicious activity immediately.
The mission of the Valdosta State University Police Department is to preserve a safe and secure campus environment where diverse social, cultural, and academic values are allowed to develop and prosper through a combination of reactive, proactive, and educational law enforcement services.