Physical Plant's responsibilities include the operation of the campus utility systems, maintenance of roads and grounds, as well as building maintenance and custodial services to academic, administrative, and other University facilities.Physical Plant Operations includes the following areas:
- Landscape and Grounds
- Plant Maintenance includes interior and exterior electric work, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning work, carpentry, plumbing, painting work, key shop and locksmith.
- Campus Services includes custodial services for all facilities except the student union and recreation center.
FACILITIES PLANNINGFacilities Planning is responsible for design, renovation, repair, construction, and administration of all campus projects by contract. Some construction designs are produced in the facilities planning section, but the majority is contracted to architectural and engineering firms. Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintain and store construction documents to include as-built drawings and all contract documents and record of current projects
- Printing plans and maps
- Preparing 10-year Master Plan, architectural standards, and construction standards
- Preparing documents and/or overseeing the process for contract bidding, awards and construction
- Provide inspection for construction projects
- Design of minor projects for bid and construction
- Provide information resource library for Physical Plant
- Provide code information and code identification