Camp Discovery 2016 - Broadway Bound!
AP Summer Institutes - World History
Fall 2016 LIR Kick-off Luncheon
Camp Discovery 2016 - Beginning Photography
Learning in Retirement Classes
Welcome to Continuing Education
Call 229-245-6484 to get
LIR Spring 2017 course catalog now available online!
Watch for more kids' programs throughout the year.
Looking Ahead to 2017:
Learning in Retirement:
- Getting Paid to Talk: An Introduction to Voice Acting, Jan 23
- Food Safety Manager Certification Class & Exam, Jan 23
- Preparation for PHR/SPHR Certification, March 2
Online Career Training Programs:
New programs for high demand career fields! (open entry)
- CBCS Medical Billing and Coding (Voucher Included)
- Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist
- ITIL Capability Expert (Vouchers Included)
- Information Security Master Certification Training (Vouchers Included)
Travel Adventures for 2017:
- Spotlight on San Antonio - departs April 21
- Irish Splendor - departs November 1
- Alaskan Cruise - departs July 29
Check out our popular certificate programs:
Upcoming 6-Week Online Course Dates:
- Dec 14 - Jan 20
- Jan 18 - Feb 24
- Feb 15 - Mar 24
Continuing Education Program Areas:
*Professional Development classes, workshops, certificate programs, and conferences that provide job-specific skills, general knowledge, and certification to assist individuals with their professional development. These activities are available in both “in-person” and online formats. Professional courses can also be custom-developed on a contract basis to suit the training needs of a specific business or organization.
*Personal Enrichment classes, which allow individuals to have fun while learning something new. These classes include topics in the arts, languages, computer applications, and practical skills like cooking and gardening. Adult swimming lessons are provided in the summer.
*Children and Teens, including Camp Discovery - After School Edition and our Camp Discovery day camp program, which provide an opportunity for children and teens to develop academic, artistic, and physical skills in a fun and safe environment.
*Learning in Retirement, an organization for individuals 50 years of age and above operates through Continuing Education. This program provides an opportunity for individuals to take classes and workshops from a wide range of topics for a small membership fee.
For more information, please click on the Information tab on the right.