Welcome to Continuing Education
At VSU Continuing Education we bring learning to life! We provide outreach to the community in the form of non-credit classes, workshops, and other activities available to the general public.
Current Catalogs and Brochures:
Click on the cover images below to access our fall course catalogs!
Registration is now open for all fall programs.
New ServSafe Class & Exam
- Food Safety Manager Certification - Monday, November 3; 9 AM - 6:30 PM
Upcoming Course Highlights:
- Foolproof Plants for Every Gardener - Thursday, September 25, 6 - 7:30 PM
- Creating Content for Social Media - 2 Mondays, September 29 and October 6; 6 - 8 PM
- Belly Dance for Beginners - 6 Wednesdays, October 1 - November 5; 6:30 - 7:30 PM
- Sign Language for Beginners - 5 Tuesdays, October 7 - November 4; 6 - 8 PM
Upcoming 6-Week Online Course Dates:
- September 17 - October 24, 2014
- October 15 - November 21, 2014
Additional dates for online classes
Our programs fall into several areas:
*Professional Development classes, workshops, certificate programs, and conferences that provide job-specific skills, general knowledge, and certification to assist individuals with their professional development. These activities are available in both “in-person” and online formats. Professional courses can also be custom-developed on a contract basis to suit the training needs of a specific business or organization.
*Personal Enrichment classes, which allow individuals to have fun while learning something new. These classes include topics in the arts, languages, computer applications, and practical skills like cooking and gardening. Adult swimming lessons are provided in the summer.
*Children and Teens, including summer swimming lessons and our Camp Discovery day camp program, which provides an opportunity for children and teens to develop academic, artistic, and physical skills in a fun and safe environment.
*Learning in Retirement, an organization for individuals 50 years of age and above operates through Continuing Education. This program provides an opportunity for individuals to take classes and workshops from a wide range of topics for a small membership fee.
For more information, please click on the Information tab on the left.