Deciding to leave active-duty service and reenter civilian life can be exciting and perhaps a little intimidating. We want to help you start preparing for your next big step by ensuring that you have the skills and credentials you will need to succeed in a new career. Learn about the different funding options and train for a career in a high-demand field that can travel with you.
Learn more about:
The Army Credentialing Assistance (Army CA) program provides up to $4,000 per year in funding for Active Duty, Army Reserve, and Army National Guard Soldiers who want to pursue training that leads to credentials for in-demand career fields while serving or preparing for the transition to civilian life. Army CA is designed to help Soldiers earn in-demand, industry-recognized credentials while expanding their personal and professional development.
Am I eligible for this funding?
To be eligible for Army CA funding, you must be able to complete your career training before you leave service, so it’s important to start preparing now. Contact us today, and we’ll help you select qualified training courses or certifications and submit your education plan to secure your Army CA funds. You can check out some of the in-demand career options and certifications that qualify for funding below:
How do I get started?
*Career Training Programs currently available:
Health & Fitness
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (exam voucher and lab included)
- Pharmacy Technician (exam voucher included)
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Exam Prep (exam voucher included)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant - CCMA (exam voucher included)
- Certified Physical Therapy Aide (exam voucher included)
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant - CMAA (exam voucher included)
- Medical Billing and Coding CBCS (exam voucher included)
- Medical Billing and Coding CCA (exam voucher included)
- Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist - CEHRS (exam cost included)
- Certified Ethical Hacker - CEH (exam voucher included)
- Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator - CHFI (exam voucher included)
- Certified Network Defender - CND (exam voucher included)
*Training program list is subject to change as new, DoD-approved programs are added and others are retired. Call Sue Bailey if you have questions at 229.245.6484.
If you are the spouse of an active-duty service member, you could receive up to $4,000 to start or advance your career in one of today’s top fields. The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship program helps eligible military spouses pursue the training and nationally recognized certifications needed to secure in-demand, portable jobs in healthcare, business, information technology, and more.
Am I eligible for funding?
- You must be the spouse of an Active Duty, Guard, or Reserve member on Title 10 orders within the pay grades of E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2.
- You must have completed high school or obtained a GED.
Popular, In-Demand Online Career Training Courses Include:
- Certified Bookkeeper
- Human Resources Professional
- Certified Administrative Professional
- Certified Paralegal
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Web Design Professional
- Web Applications Developer
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Training
- HVAC Certified Technician (HVAC/R)
- Certified Personal Trainer
How to Get Started
1. Determine your eligibility and create a MyCAA account.
Visit the MyCAA Portal to create your MyCAA account and verify your eligibility with the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
2. Choose your career path.
Select a training course that will prepare you for an in-demand, portable career and is eligible for MyCAA funding. Popular training options are listed below, however for a full list of eligible courses proceed to step 3.
3. Get in touch with a military specialist.
Fill out the form below to speak with a MyCAA specialist who will guide you through the process, from answering questions, to creating your Education and Training Plan, and enrolling you in the course that’s right for you.
Air Force COOL is a pathway for enlisted Airmen to earn industry recognized professional certifications, licenses to enhance their active-duty work, and to prepare them as they transition to the civilian job market. AF COOL provides a maximum of $4,500 per lifetime per Air and Space professional.
What credentials are eligible?
Eligible credentials are based on your AFSC. You must have an approved AF COOL goal prior to requesting funding for your credential.
Some examples of eligible credentials we offer are:
- Certified Billing & Coding Specialist (CBCS)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist (CEHRS)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Personal Trainer (NASM-CPT)
- CompTIA (Security+, Network+, Project+, Cloud+, etc.)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certified Bookkeeper (CB)
- Certified Paralegal (CP)
- Certified Patient Care Technician/Assistant (CPCT/A)
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (ICBB) or Green Belt (ICGB)
Where can I get more information?
Search credentials at https://afvec.us.af.mil/afvec/af-cool/search. You may see a privacy warning: "Your Connection is not private." If you see this warning, follow these instructions:
- Click on "Advanced" below the privacy warning.
- Click on "Proceed to afvec.us.af.mil."
- Access is safe; the privacy warning appears due to security settings within the VSU website.
Questions or need help navigating the AF COOL Credentials page? Call Sue Bailey at 229.245.6484 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.