Do I have to apply to Valdosta State University to take Professional and Community Education (PACE) classes?

No. Our classes are open to the public and our registration process is simple.

How do I register?

Register online, by phone, mail (Learning in Retirement only), or in person. Payment may be made by MasterCard/VISA/Discover, cash, check or purchase order.

What is your refund/cancellation policy?

Unless otherwise stated, full refunds minus $5 or 5%, whichever is greater, will be given by contacting the Professional and Community Education (PACE) office at 229.245.6484 at least three working days prior to the beginning of the program. No refunds will be given for cancellations less than three working days prior to the beginning of a class, but registrants may send a substitute. No partial refunds will be given for classes missed. For classes canceled by Valdosta State University, registrants will be issued a full refund.

Where will my course be held?

Most courses are held in the University Center, 1215 N Patterson Street. Computer classes will be held on North Campus in Thaxton Hall. Some dance and exercise classes will be held at VSU Campus Recreation. The specific locations will be printed on your confirmation receipt.    

What is a CEU?

A Continuing Education Unit (CEU) is a standardized method of recording participation in continuing education classes designed to improve occupational skills or knowledge. One CEU equals 10 actual classroom hours. CEUs cannot be converted to academic credit hours. Many occupations require a certain number of CEUs each year. Check with your occupation's licensing agency to find out if a particular course will meet your requirements.

What is a PLU?

A PLU (Professional Learning Unit) is the method some states use for recording credit toward teacher re-certification. As with CEUs, one PLU stands for ten contact/learning activity hours. (Partial PLUs are not awarded.) 

Do you accept the HOPE Scholarship?

No. The Hope Scholarship is not applicable to non-credit courses.

Is Financial Aid available?

Participants in certain career and professional development courses may be eligible for financial aid. Federal aid such as PELL, FAFSA, etc. will not cover non-credit programs.

Please contact these organizations directly:

  • Sallie Mae Student Loans - for technical training or trade school, distance learning or other continuing education programs to cover the total cost of education and certain related expenses.

  • Financial assistance is available from the provider of our online Advanced Career Training Programs. Go to Financial Assistance to apply. Please note, these loans are only available for the online Career Training Programs available through ed2go.

  • For information about funding for active duty military and their spouses, please check out our Military Funding webpage.