New MLIS Student Orientation Information
Welcome to Valdosta State University's MLIS Program!
We hope that your time in the MLIS program will be a rewarding learning experience for you. To help you get started with your graduate studies we are providing the following orientation materials for you. The VSU MLIS new student orientation is a multi-step process. Please complete each step listed on this page in preparation for your first semester of study.
Before starting classes do the following:
Step 1: MyVSU - Create Your Account Here
MyVSU is an enhanced portal, gathering all of your VSU services into one location (located in the upper right corner of the screen under the search bar). The portal includes single sign-on access for many of our services (BlazeView, Banner, Email, Galileo, Hoonuit, Qualtrics, and many more) without having to login for each individual account.
Step 2: complete the VSU Online Learning Orientation for all new distance learning students.
This online orientation program is designed for incoming VSU online students and is integrated into the current MyVSU Student Portal. Work through this online orientation to the university's policies and procedures. This orientation includes information on how to set up your university accounts and password so you can register for classes, pay your tuition, and access your course websites and other university resources. It will remain available to you throughout your studies – providing you with a resource you can use throughout you time at VSU.
Please remember that the MLIS Department's Online Orientation is a required part of the MLIS program and that the VSU online orientation is a separate and supplementary guide for additional information.
- Do not attempt to register for the MILS Online Orientation in Banner, the MLIS Online Orientation is not listed in Banner.
- ALL VSU students must be advised each semester before you can register for classes.
- Please email your assigned MLIS advisor to begin the advising and registration process.
- Your advisor's name and email are in your acceptance letter from the Graduate School. Registration information and class schedules.
Online Orientation for new MLIS students -- will be completed during the first weeks of your MLIS 7000 Foundations course.
New Student MLIS FAQ
- MLIS 7000, Foundations of Library and Information Science, is required in the first semester of study.
MLIS Program Guide to Ethical Conduct: All MLIS students are held to the standards presented in this guide.
- Completion of the MLIS Program online orientation activities are required. Orientation and all MLIS courses are delivered completely online.
- If your plans should change and you decide not to enroll in the VSU MLIS Program or if you need to defer your acceptance by one semester, please let the department and the Graduate School know as soon as possible.
Dept. of Library and Information Studies
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5966
- Fax: 229.259.5055