Guides developed to orient new students
- MLIS Course Rotation Schedule, Fall 2023 – Summer 2026, Updated 10/17/2023
- Academic Calendar [a place to find registration schedules and other important dates]
- Tuition and Fee Schedule
- Cataloging and Classification
- Library Management
- Reference Sources and Services
- Youth Services Librarianship
- Special Libraries, Archives or Conservation Librarianship
Click here to see the courses for each optional area
Preparation to serve children and teens in school and public libraries
- Sample Program of Study Form for Dual MLIS & School Media Specialist Certification [pdf] (Updated 11/4/2021)
A program of study is your record of the courses that you plan to take to fulfill graduation requirements and meet your career goals. It must be developed jointly by you and your advisor. Ask your advisor for help in selecting the appropriate form from the list below.
If you plan to request transfer credits for a core course, the course must meet the criteria for the course taught in this program.
- Program of Study Form for Masters Degree [pdf] (Updated 11/4/2021)
- Program of Study for Dual MLIS & School Media Specialist Certification [pdf] (Updated 11/4/2021)
Applications are due to your advisor in the semester before you take MLIS 7800 Capstone.
Completing your Graduation Application involves: Payment of fee to the VSU Bursary, and submitting MLIS Curriculum Checklist form & Graduation Application forms.
Filing your Graduation forms
ALL forms below must be completed and signed by you where designated.
- Complete the MLIS Program Curriculum Checklist form and email it to your advisor.
- Then go to https://www.valdosta.edu/academics/registrar/forms/graduation-forms.php to access the electronic graduation application form and pay the graduation fee. The graduation application will be routed to your advisor for their review and signature.
- Please note: your advisor CAN NOT complete your graduation application until AFTER they have received your completed Curriculum Checklist form so that they are able to attach it to your Graduation Application. System won't accept your Graduation Application until after we have your Curriculum Checklist attached.