April 8, 2020: Tornado Warning
How to Become an OAT Major
Once you have been notified of your acceptance to Valdosta State University, then you are ready to be accepted as an Office Administration & Technology (OAT) Major. Please complete the following steps so that we can assign an OAT Academic Advisor to assist you with your program of study:
- Make sure you have a copy of your notice of acceptance to VSU (with your 870-number)
- Go to Online Resources to set up your passwords so that you can access email, Banner, etc.
- Complete the eCore Orientation Quiz (only if you still need to complete any courses in Core Areas A-E)
- Complete an Online Readiness Assessment (only if you have never successfully completed an online course)
- Submit the OAT New Student Checklist
YOUR PATH TO GRADUATION
Once an OAT Academic Advisor has been assigned to you, we will help guide you toward graduation. To earn a Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Office Administration & Technology, you will need to:
- Meet USG core curriculum requirements in Areas A-E (or equivalent) including a "C" or better in ENGL 1102 (or equivalent)
- Maintain an overall GPA of 2.3 (or 2.5 in all ACED coursework) to be allowed to enroll in the two capstone courses: ACED 4070 and 4160
- Successfully complete all Area F, Major, and Guided Elective courses (or exempt) with a grade of "C" or better
- EITHER (a) provide documentation for at least 3 years of valid, verifiable, work-related experiential learning OR (b) complete a one-semester (220-hour) internship during your final semester of the program
We understand that you may need to take courses to fulfill the Core and Area F requirements. You will be happy to know that ALL of those courses are available online with us through eCore or VSU Online as well as on campus. Forms for verifying work-related experiential learning are available from your OAT Academic Advisor.