Microsoft Office 365 is an all-in-one communications and collaboration platform for university faculty, staff and students. Features include:
Access Office 365 by logging in to your MyVSU account and clicking the Email link.
NOTICE: Beginning the week of October 25, 2020, current and future alumni and retirees will no longer have access to Microsoft Office 365 desktop applications that can be installed on personal devices. Continued access to Office 365 Email, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, and Office Online web applications will remain.
Students, faculty, and staff of VSU may install, at no charge, the latest Microsoft Office Suite on up to five (5) personal computers; and Office Mobile apps on up to five (5) devices through the Microsoft Advantage program. By installing the software, you agree to uninstall the software upon graduation or end of employment with VSU.
- How to Use Outlook for Web App
- How to Share a Calendar
- How to Create Away/Vacation Auto Reply
- How to Adjust Blind/Low Vision Settings
- How to Make Communication Accessible
- How to Use FindTime Guide (Outlook Desktop and Web App Add-in)
- Click the Settings icon on the top-right corner. The icon looks like a gear.
- Click Mail in the menu that appears.
- On the left sidebar, navigate to Mail > Automatic Processing > Clutter.
- Select to enable or disable this feature.
- Microsoft Word 2016 Reference Guide
- Excel 2016 Quick Reference Guide
- PowerPoint 2016 Reference Guide
- Mailing Lists
- Outlook Setup (Use outlook.office365.com as your server and leave the domain blank)
- Outlook Guides
Office 365 FAQs:
- How to log into Office 365?
- Can I continue to access my VSU email address after I am no longer employed by the university?
- What are the limits to what I can send and store in Office 365?
- Is Office 365 a replacement for Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013?
- Can I change my display name or email address on Office 365?
- How do I disable the clutter feature?
- Can I add an event listed in the body of an email to my calendar?
You will access Office 365 by logging into MyVSU. The benefit of this change is that users have one less set of credentials to need to keep track of. If you are unable to log into MyVSU, please use our Password Reset Tool. It will allow you to look up your username and set your password.
Only retired faculty and staff will be able to keep their VSU email. After you discontinue employment with the university, you will have a 45 day grace period in order to move email or re-assign projects. After this grace period, the account will be deleted.
- Emails can be no larger than 25 MB in size.
- Each email may have no more than 500 recipients.
- You may send emails to no more than 10,000 recipients per day.
- You may store no more than 50 GB of email in your account.
Office 365 replaces the email and collaboration tools found in Windows Live. It does not replace copies of Office 2010 found in campus computer labs and offices. Office 2013, on the other hand, is a replacement for the Office 2010 product. However, students, faculty, and staff are able to access the Microsoft Office Web Apps through their Office 365 OneDrive account.
- Students - After you have submitted the proper legal name change paperwork to Office of the Registrar, please contact us by submitting a service request and we can change the display\last name on your account (eg. Jan E. Brady change to Jan B. Thomas) to match the name shown in Banner. Your email address and Active Directory account will remain the same (eg. jebrady). A new account will not be provided.
- Faculty/Staff - After you have submitted the proper legal name change paperwork to Office of the Registrar and Human Resources Department, please contact us by submitting a service request and we can change the display\last name on your account (eg. Jan E. Brady change to Jan B. Thomas) to match the name shown in Banner\OneUSG. Your Active Directory account\email address will remain the same (eg. jebrady) or you have the option to request a new account (eg. jbthomas) to match name change. The account change process will retain your emails, contacts, calendar and OneDrive files . Please note that it will take some time because this impacts multiple systems and has to be scheduled.
- Student Employees (Graduate\Student Assistants, Interns) - After you have submitted the proper legal name change paperwork to Office of the Registrar and Human Resources Department, please contact us by submitting a service request and we can change the display\last name on your account (eg. Jan E. Brady change to Jan B. Thomas) to match the name shown in Banner\OneUSG. Your email address and Active Directory account will remain the same (eg. jebrady). A new account will not be provided.
You can click on an event that is listed in the body of an email to add it to your calendar. When you do so, be careful that the To: and CC: fields are not being populated, as you will otherwise not only add the event to your personal calendar, but also to all other recipients of the email.
- Solutions Center
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
VSU Solutions Center
Eastern Standard Times
Mon-Thurs: 8 am - 7 pm
Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 2 pm
Sunday: 9 am - 3 pm