1. If my timecard is not approved by the deadline, will I still get my paycheck on time?If hours are recorded in OneUSG by the established payroll deadline a paycheck will be processed.
2. Will a reminder be sent out when timecards are due?This is not guaranteed; the payroll department will typically send out reminders on Wednesday afternoon, but the reminders are sent to the listserv so they may not be distributed in a timely manner. Please set a personal reminder on your calendar. Also, all of the due dates are listed on the monthly payroll calendar and the yearly payroll calendar.
3. If my paycheck contains an error made by the Payroll department, will I get a replacement check the same day?No, same day checks are not possible. The earliest a correction can be made will be the Friday after a payroll day. Please report all errors as soon as possible. If not reported by the next working day, the correction will be made with the next regular payroll cycle. If the error is less than $100, the correction will be made on the next regular payroll cycle regardless of when it was reported.
4. I lost my check. Can you prepare another one for me?If your check has been stolen, we must first place a stop payment on the check. We must then wait to verify that the check has not cleared the bank before we can replace it. The stop payment and replacement process takes 3-5 business days. You will also be required to enroll in direct deposit to prevent this from happening again. In order to start this process please complete the Stop Payment Request form. located on the Payroll Forms page.
5. How do I know if the tax deductions are correct? How do I make changes in my Federal and State deductions?Your tax deductions are printed on your payroll statement or check stub. Generally, the number of allowances you claim and your filing status determine your tax amount. We are not tax practitioners, but will help you with any questions you may have. You can change your federal or state withholding options in OneUSG Connect or complete a new W-4 or G-4 and submit it to the payroll office.
6. Can I have my paycheck direct deposited?Yes, direct deposit is mandatory for all employees of Valdosta State University per the Board of Regents. You must enter your direct deposit information in OneUSG Connect upon hiring. If you are not able to obtain a bank account, please provide a letter from the bank stating this and a Global Cash Card may be provided to you. Please note that Global Cash Cards are not available for work-study students per federal regulations.
7. Do I need to come into the Payroll Office to be set-up on Payroll?No, new employees must be set up through the Human Resources Department which is located in the University Center, Entrance #5.
8. Why wasn't I paid for my overtime?If you are overtime eligible, you will be paid time and a half for each hour which exceeds your scheduled number of work hours each week. If you have used sick leave, annual leave, or holiday time in order to accumulate excess hours, it will be paid as straight time.
9. It is payday and I did not receive my paycheck in the mail?Check your pay statement copy in OneUSG Connect to verify the address the check was mailed to. If the address is correct, we must wait 5 business days before a stop payment can be placed on the check. After 5 business days, please complete the Stop Payment Request form and submit it to the payroll office. If the address is not correct, we must wait 5 business days before a stop payment can be placed on the check to allow the check time to be returned to the payroll office. You will be required to enroll in direct deposit to prevent this from happening again.
10. If I change my address with the Registrar's office, do I have to notify Payroll also?Yes, the payroll system is separate from the banner student system so please notify Human Resources of any address or name changes.
11. I closed my bank account and did not notify Payroll, what do I do now?If the account is closed, the bank typically returns the funds to VSU within 3 to 5 business days. Once the funds are received, you will be notified and the funds will be included in your next payroll check. Sometimes the bank reopens the account and applies the funds; please always contact the bank first to see what action they are going to take. Also, remember to update your direct deposit information in OneUSG Connect.
12. How do I access my pay advice?Pay statements can be found on OneUSG Connect. Once logged in, click on the Pay tile and then select the Pay Statements you would like to view.
13. I did not receive my W-2.Your W-2 form is available on OneUSG Connect . Once logged in, click on the Taxes tile then select the W-2 link on the left side. This W-2 will be available for 3 years and then you will need to contact the Shared Services Center to obtain this information.
14. How do I get a copy of previous W-2 forms?You must contact the Shared Services Center if the W-2 is not available in OneUSG. Shared Services can be contacted at 1-877-251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. I am no longer employed at Valdosta State University; how would I obtain my W-2?Please contact the Shared Services Center at 1-877-251-2644 or email@example.com.
16. I am locked out of OneUSG; how do I reset my password?Please contact the Shared Services Center at 1-877-251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org