Preparing for Retirement
As a current employee, you have already elected to participate in either ORP or TRS. The following resources provide you with details on preparing for retirement. This includes some steps to help ensure that you meet your financial goals in retirement.
- VSU Voluntary Retirement
- University System of Georgia web page
- USG Retirement Planning Brochure
- VSU Retiree Association Retirement Planning Guide
The Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) representatives:
- Fidelity Investments (Fidelity Rep: Isaiah Simpson, 404-713-6168,Isaiah.Simpson@fmr.com)
- TIAA: 800-842-2252
- CAPTRUST: 800-967-9948
- Corbridge Financial: 866-279-1444
- VALIC (Valic Rep: Debbie Smith, 229-292-1003, Debbie.Smith3@corebridgefinancial.com)
The Teacher Retirement System of Georgia (TRS) representative:
- www.trsga.com (Carlos Marshall, Carlos.Marshall@trsga.com)
Human Resources and Employee Development
- University Center Entrance #5 1205 N. Patterson Street Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5709
- Fax: 229.259.5030
M-TH 8am - 5:30pm and Friday 8am-3pm.