Tuition Assistance Requirements
(Tuition Assistance is issued in accordance with AFI 36-2306)
Provided courtesy of Moody Air Force Base, Education Office
- TA Briefings:
Tuesdays, 3:00 p.m.
Thursdays, 9:00 a.m.
- Air Force provides 100% TA and applicable fees. Maximum TA allowed is $4,500 per fiscal year; $250 per semester hour or $166.67 per quarter hour.
- Military member will not receive TA if ...
- Failed PT
- On Control Roster
- Referral OPR/EPR
- TA pays for…
- Courses that you must complete for your CCAF degree.
- Courses to receive Associates, Bachelor’s, or Masters Degree from a nationally or regionally accredited Institution. Note: Must have an approved degree plan or evaluation on file.
- Courses that will lead to one certification, license or diploma per your military career. Note: Must have an approved Vocational Plan of Study on file.
- Technology and lab fees associated with distance learning and science courses.
- TA does not pay for…
- Courses leading to a lateral or lower level degree you already possess (i.e. Second Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree).
- Admission, graduation nor book cost.
- Technology and lab fees associated with distance learning and science courses (At VSU all fees are waived for AD military)
- Courses after late registration.
- Repeat courses taken unless remimbursed
- Non-degree courses.
- TA important information…
- You must apply for TA online using the Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC). Click on link through the Air Force Portal home page.
- Prior to applying for TA you must clear any mandatory updates. Mandatory updates are listed at the top of the AFVEC home page.
- TA can be issued 45 days before start of class but no later than 7 days prior to term/semester start date. Exceptions require approval.
- TA must be issued and approved prior to the start of each class. Student could be liable for TA not completed and approved prior to the start date.
- TA must be completed by military member online and digitally signed by the education office and member before it is considered approved.
- Military member ensures college/university receives a copy of the TA voucher (AF Form 1227).
- Once TA is issued for a course, no substitutions or changes will be made without education services approval.
- Airmen who have a CCAF degree are not eligible to receive a civilian associate's degree but my pursue subsequent CCAF degree(s).
- Once an academic plan is turned in by the military member it cannot be changed without a counselor’s pre approval.
- Personnel must maintain good academic standing to receive TA (a cumulative GPA of 2.0 undergraduate level and a 3.0 for the graduate level).
- TA can be issued for up to 12 semester hours for undergraduate courses at the same level when it is a prerequisite for a higher level degree. TA is NOT authorized for post graduate level courses.
- TA recipients are responsible for ensuring grades are reported to the Education within 60 days of course completion; if grades are not posted after 60 days the member will reimburse the TA. Once this happens, it is irrevocable even if a passing grade is turned in.
- Any course with letter grade “W” (withdrawal) requires reimbursement unless waiver process has been completed and approved.
- Any course with letter grade of "F" or “I” (incomplete) must be completed in the allotted time prescribed by the school. However, you must reimburse the government if a satisfactory grade is not submitted to the Education office 120 days from the end of the term. Once this happens, it is irrevocable even if a passing grade is turned in.
- TA must be reimbursed for undergraduates receiving an “D” and for graduates receiving a “C".
- Grades must be turned in two weeks prior to last day at MAFB.
- Certification programss must be associated with the Airmen'ts current primary AFSC only.
- Officers incur an active duty service commitment of 2 years upon course completion date.
- The MAFB Education Center prohibits military members from taking more than two classes for terms shorter than 9 weeks and three classes for terms shorter than 16 weeks.
- If you are working on certification courses and civilian degree courses during the same fiscal year, the TA cap is $4,500.00.
- The Education Center has academic counselors that can provide guidance to you on topics such as: CCAF requirements, distance learning programs, school accreditation, GI Bill benefits, etc.
- The centralization office located at Randolph AFB will be handling all TA payments to schools, reimbursement actions and waiver requests.
Adult and Military Programs (AMP)
3010 Robinson Road
Building 328, Room 107
Moody AFB, GA 31699
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.