Microsoft Office 365 is an all-in-one communications and collaboration platform for university faculty, staff and students. Features include:
You can access Office 365 by logging in to your MyVSU account and then clicking VSU Email.
Students, faculty, and staff of VSU may install, at no charge, the latest Microsoft Office Suite on up to five (5) personal computers; and Office Mobile apps on up to five (5) devices through the Microsoft Advantage program. By installing the software, you agree to uninstall upon graduation or end of employment with VSU.
- How to Use Outlook for Web App
- How to Share a Calendar
- How to Create Away/Vacation Auto Reply
- How to Adjust Blind/Low Vision Settings
- How to Make Communication Accessible
- How to Use FindTime Guide (Outlook Desktop and Web App Add-in)
- Click the Settings icon on the top-right corner. The icon looks like a gear.
- Click Mail in the menu that appears.
- On the left sidebar, navigate to Mail > Automatic Processing > Clutter.
- Select to enable or disable this feature.
- Microsoft Word 2016 Reference Guide
- Excel 2016 Quick Reference Guide
- PowerPoint 2016 Reference Guide
- Mailing Lists
- Outlook Setup (Use outlook.office365.com as your server and leave the domain blank)
- Outlook Guides
Office 365 FAQs:
- How to log into Office 365?
- Can I continue to access my VSU email address after I am no longer employed by the university?
- What are the limits to what I can send and store in Office 365?
- Is Office 365 a replacement for Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013?
- Can I change my display name or email address on Office 365?
- How do I disable the clutter feature?
You will access Office 365 by logging into MyVSU. The benefit of this change is that users have one less set of credentials to need to keep track of. If you are unable to log into MyVSU, please use our Self-Service Password Reset Tool. It will allow you to look up your username and set your password.
Only retired faculty and staff will be able to keep their VSU email. After you discontinue employment with the university, you will have a 45 day grace period in order to move email or re-assign projects. After this grace period, the account will be deleted.
- Emails can be no larger than 25 MB in size.
- Each email may have no more than 500 recipients.
- You may send emails to no more than 10,000 recipients per day..
- You may store no more than 50 GB of email in your account.
Office 365 replaces the email and collaboration tools found in Windows Live. It does not replace copies of Office 2010 found in campus computer labs and offices. Office 2013, on the other hand, is a replacement for the Office 2010 product. However, students, faculty and staff are able to access the Microsoft Office Web Apps through their Office 365 OneDrive account.
- Students - After you have submitted the proper legal name change paperwork to Office of the Registrar, please contact us, and we can change the display name on an account (eg. Jan E. Brady) to match the name shown in Banner. New email addresses or Active Directory account usernames cannot be issued.
- Faculty/Staff - After you have submitted the proper legal name change paperwork to Office of the Registrar, please contact us by submitting a service request, and we can change the display name (eg. Jan E. Brady) to match the name shown in Banner. Upon request, we can alternatively create a new email account and corresponding Active Directory username with both a new address (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org) and display name (eg. Jan E. Brady). We will handle the transfer of your previous email account files (emails, contacts, calendar, etc.) to your new account. Please note that this may take some time.
- VSU Solutions Center
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
VSU Solutions Center
Eastern Standard Times
Mon-Thurs: 8 am to 9 pm
Friday: 8 am to 5 pm
Saturday: 12 pm to 5 pm
Sunday: 1 pm to 7 pm