Office 365 is an all-in-one communications and collaboration platform for university faculty, staff and students. Features include email and document sharing. You can access Office 365 by logging into your MyVSU.
Install Office Suite on Personal Devices
Students, faculty, and staff of VSU may install, at no charge, the latest Microsoft Office Suite on up to five (5) personal computers; and Office Mobile apps on up to five (5) devices through the Microsoft Advantage program.By installing the software, you agree to uninstall upon graduation or end of employment with VSU. Please review our sign up, installation, and activation steps.
- Basic Use of Web App
- How to Share a Calendar
- How to Create Away/Vacation Auto Reply
- How to Adjust Blind/Low Vision Settings
- FindTime Guide (Outlook Desktop and Web App Add-in)
- Microsoft FindTime Site: https://findtime.microsoft.com
1 TB OneDrive Cloud Storage
MS Web Apps: Word, Excel, PPT, OneNote
- Microsoft Word 2016 Reference Guide
- Excel 2016 Quick Reference Guide
- Powerpoint 2016 Reference Guide
- Mailing Lists
- Outlook Setup (Use outlook.office365.com as your server and leave the domain blank)
- Outlook Guides
Some common questions regarding Office 365 are:
- How to log into Office 365?
- Can I continue to access my VSU email address after I am no longer employed by the university?
- What are the limits to what I can send and store in Office 365?
- Is Office 365 a replacement for Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013?
- Can I change my display name or email address on Office 365?
- How do I disable the clutter feature?
You will access Office 365 by logging into MyVSU. The benefit of this change is that users have one less set of credentials to need to keep track of. If you are unable to log into MyVSU, please use our Self-Service Password Reset Tool. It will allow you to look up your username and set your password.
Only retired faculty and staff will be able to keep their VSU email. After you discontinue employment with the university, you will have a 45 day grace period in order to move email or re-assign projects. After this grace period, the account will be deleted.
- Emails can be no larger than 25 MB in size.
- Each email may have no more than 500 recipients.
- You may send emails to no more than 10,000 recipients per day..
- You may store no more than 50 GB of email in your account.
For more details, please visit Microsoft's article describing Message and Recipient Limits.
Office 365 replaces the email and collaboration tools found in Windows Live. It does not replace copies of Office 2010 found in campus computer labs and offices. Office 2013, on the other hand, is a replacement for the Office 2010 product. However, students, faculty and staff are able to access the Microsoft Office Web Apps through their Office 365 OneDrive account.
- Students - After you have submitted the proper legal name change paperwork to Office of the Registrar, please contact us, and we can change the display name on an account (eg. Jan E. Brady) to match the name shown in Banner. New email addresses or Active Directory account usernames cannot be issued.
- Faculty/Staff - After you have submitted the proper legal name change paperwork to Office of the Registrar, please contact us by submitting a service request, and we can change the display name (eg. Jan E. Brady) to match the name shown in Banner. Upon request, we can alternatively create a new email account and corresponding Active Directory username with both a new address (eg. email@example.com) and display name (eg. Jan E. Brady). We will handle the transfer of your previous email account files (emails, contacts, calendar, etc.) to your new account. Please note that this may take some time.
To enable or disable the clutter feature, you can take the following steps:
- Click the Settings icon on the top-right corner. The icon looks like a gear.
- Click Mail in the menu that appears.
- On the left sidebar, navgate to Mail > Automatic Processing > Clutter. Here, you should be able to choose to enable or disable this feature.
- VSU Solutions Center
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698