Important! If You Are in Immediate Crisis…
- Do NOT attempt to contact us via email or any form located on this web site.
- DURING BUSINESS HOURS call the Counseling Center (M-Th, 8:00am-5:30pm; Fri, 8:00am-3:00pm) at 229-333-5940.
- AFTER HOURS, call the Counseling Center at 229-333-5940 to be forwarded to an on-call nurse
- If this is a life-threatening emergency, call the local police at 911.
Crisis intervention is a service offered to students who are in serious, immediate emotional distress. Resources are available in the event of emergencies, including current suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts, rape or attempted rape, physical assaults, or other types of crises.
University Police Department - 222-259-5555
Behavioral Health Crisis Center - 229-671-3500
3116 North Oak St. Ext., Valdosta, Georgia 31602
Greenleaf Behavioral Hospital - 229-247-4357
2209 Pineview Drive, Valdosta, Georgia 31602
The Haven- 229-244-1765 or 1-800-33HAVEN
P.O. Box 5382, Valdosta, Georgia 31603 http://valdostahaven.org/
South Georgia Medical Center - 229-433-1000
2501 North Patterson Street, Valdosta, GA 31602
Valdosta Police Department- 229-242-2606
Remerton Police Department- 229-247-2320
Lowndes County Sheriff's Office- 229-671-2900
1-800-SUICIDE OR 1-800-273-TALK
Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line, a free, 24/7 text-messaging support line for people in crisis, announces the launch of a partnership with Gallaudet University and the Deaf community. Deaf people will be able to text the word DEAF to 741741 and be connected with a Crisis Counselor.
Crisis and Safety App
The Counseling Center
- Student Health Center, 2nd Floor 1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5940
- Fax: 229.253.4113