Diversity & Inclusion Task Force Spring 2021 Update
The Diversity and Inclusion Comprehensive Planning Task Force continues to make progress on the important work laid out by President Richard Carvajal in Fall. During the month of February, several opportunities to gather campus input have been established and you are invited to participate in one of the ways below.
Faculty, Staff, and Student General Listening Sessions
Wednesday, February 10th Noon – 1pm
Wednesday, February 24th Noon – 1pm
Seating is limited so you must pre-register through the VSU Training Portal
General Feedback Link
Unable to attend a virtual or face-to-face session, submit your feedback online during the month of February:
Additional Opportunities to Offer FeedbackStudents (see email invites from Student Diversity & Inclusion)
- Student co-chairs and SGA D&I Taskforce will be tabling on campus to solicit student feedback.
- Student co-chairs and SGA D&I Taskforce will be hosting focus groups with student organization leaders.
- Student Diversity & Inclusion Chat and Chew sessions in February
- Tuesday, February 2- Alumni Association Board and Chapters
- Tuesday, February 9- Young Alumni or General Alumni
- Tuesday, February 16- Young Alumni or General Alumni
- Tuesday, February 23- Community (via Zoom)
Task Force and Subcommittee Timeline
With the goal of submitting final recommendations to Dr. Carvajal at the end of the semester, here’s a timeline for the work of the task force:
December - January:
- Workgroups identify and assess the strengths and weaknesses of what VSU currently has regarding DEI efforts in each focus area
- Examine what other universities are doing in each focus area that may be opportunities to assist our efforts.
- Understand the threats or risks associated with this work
- Gather larger stakeholder input (listening sessions, virtual townhalls, surveys, etc.)
- Analyze taskforce research and internal assessment with larger stakeholder input within each focus area and identify common themes and ideas to further explore.
- Establish draft recommendations based on workgroup and taskforce findings.
- Consider what it will take to facilitate within our campus community (including budget, personnel, resources, etc.)
- Refine draft.
- Submit final recommendations to the President
To read more about the Diversity and Inclusion Comprehensive Planning Task Force and see the full list of members, click here.
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698