Click here to download the 2018-2019 exhibition schedule
21st Annual Juried VSU Student Competition
CALL FOR ENTRY -- Deadline 3/1/2019
On View in the 'Dedo Maranville Fine Arts Gallery'
Valdosta National 2019: All-media Juried Competition January 22-February 8 Reception and Awards Ceremony: Tuesday, January 22, 6-7:30pm
Students can apply for exhibition space here!
Visit our Facebook page!
Dedo Maranville Fine Arts Gallery
The Valdosta State University Dedo Maranville Fine Arts Gallery is committed to providing a teaching and learning environment serving a diverse student body and local audience. The Gallery fills a unique niche in the region as a venue for exhibitions showcasing student artwork as well as art from outside the region.
Diverse exhibitions serve both the state and regional community by providing cultural enrichment and expanded educational opportunities to everyone.
Located in the Fine Arts Building (on the first floor - southwest corner), the gallery has been completely renovated and updated with state of the art lighting, sound and video systems, climate controls, security system and 'Mila' portable walls. For more information download the Gallery Floor Plan & Description (pdf)
21st ANNUAL JURIED VSU STUDENT ART COMPETITIONSUBMISSION GUIDELINESMarch 25-April 12, 2019
Deadline: Friday, March 1, 11:59 PM. No late submissions!
Enter early so if you have technical issues there will be time to work them out.
All currently enrolled VSU Students, regardless of major are invited to enter the Student Competition.
At least $500 in awards will be announced at the opening reception 6:00 PM-7:30 PM Monday, March 25 (Awards announced around 6:30 PM.)
· Up to 4 individual original artworks may be submitted.
· We define original as no images copied by hand, mechanically or digitally from another artist. The idea and execution must be from the student submitting the work.
· No coloring of another’s drawing unless you are entering as a collaboration with that other student.
· If you have a question about definition of original, ask!
· No reproductions, copies or prints of original art allowed. (Printmaking submissions are welcome including lithography, etching, silkscreen, relief, collographs, etc.)
· All work must have been completed by the student while attending VSU, but need not be from an art class.
· No entry fee.
· No late entries.
· All art is submitted as jpg (96 dpi) images through this website.
· Notification of accepted/declined artwork by 5 PM, Monday, March 5
· Delivery of accepted artwork: Monday, March 11, 8:30 AM-5:30 PM and Tuesday, March 12, 8:30 AM-Noon. No late deliveries.
· 2-D works must be framed with a wire attached to the back or otherwise professionally presented. (See Presentation Guidelines page.)
· All media and styles of artwork are accepted, including but not limited to drawing, painting, mixed media, aqueous media, printmaking, ceramics, sculpture, small metals, jewelry, photography (digital and darkroom,) illustration (digital and traditional,) interior design (presentation boards, illustrations, models, etc.,) computer animation, and graphic design.
· Any difficult installation work must be submitted with a clear representation of the actual installation and if accepted, will be installed by the student.
Judge and juror: Holly Ann Scoggins is a Professor of Art at Polk State College in Florida. She is a North Carolina native and recent resident of New York City. Scoggins received her Bachelor of Fine Arts in Painting and Drawing from East Carolina University, and a Master of Fine Arts in Painting and Printmaking from the New York Academy of Art.
Questions? Contact Julie Bowland, Gallery Director firstname.lastname@example.org or call 229. 333.5835.
Currently on view
THE VALDOSTA NATIONAL 2019
Valdosta National 2019
All-media Juried Competition
January 22-February 8
Reception and Awards Ceremony: Tuesday, January 22, 6-7:30pm
Gallery Hours: Monday-Thursday: 8:30am-5:30pm, Friday: 8:30am-3pm
Contact: Julie Bowland, Gallery Director, 229.333.5835, email@example.com
Facebook: VSU Dedo Maranville Fine Arts Gallery
VSU Call for Student Proposals
THE MARTHA G. SMART GALLERY
Located down the hall from the Dedo Maranville Fine Arts Gallery, the Martha G. Smart Gallery offers a unique venue for student/class exhibitions, installations, and collaborative ventures. A student interested in exhibiting must submit a signed gallery contract, a written proposal briefly stating the intent of the desired use of the exhibition space, and 5 images representational of their written proposal. For a group exhibition one student must assume responsibility and sign the contract, though all exhibiting student names must be listed in proposal.
Apply for an exhibit now! Submit your proposal to Professor Julie Bowland
VSU’s Dedo Maranville Fine Arts Gallery and Martha G. Smart Gallery are located on the first floor of the Fine Arts Building, at the intersection of Brookwood Drive and Oak Street. They are open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Fridays. Admission is free of charge.
Contact Julie Bowland at (229) 333-5835 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or to schedule a guided tour of the exhibition.
An Assortment of Contemporary Craft
February 18-March 8
Reception: Monday, February 18, 6-7:30pm
Check out the Dedo Maranville Fine Arts Gallery on Facebook
Contact us to find out how to become a sponsor!
Links & Initiatives
Exhibition Schedule - Archive
- 2018-2019 Exhibition Schedule
- 2017-2018 Exhibition Schedule
- 2016-2017 Exhibition Schedule
- 2015-2016 Exhibition Schedule
- 2014-2015 Exhibition Schedule
- 2013-2014 Exhibition Schedule
- 2012-2013 Exhibition Schedule
- 2011-2012 Exhibition Schedule
- 2010-2011 Exhibition Schedule
- 2009-2010 Exhibition Schedule
- 2008-2009 Exhibition Schedule
VSU - College of the Arts
Department of Art & Design
Fine Arts Building
Room 1070A - 1st Floor
Valdosta, GA 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.