New Student Orientation Program
Dear New ROTC Student,
**SPECIAL NOTICE: Once you have registered for Aerospace Studies courses, please check your VSU email account daily because all AFROTC communication will be sent to your VSU email.**
Welcome to VSU’s Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC), Detachment 172! Congratulations on taking the first step in pursuing a career as an officer in the United States Air Force. Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) has a proud heritage of being the largest commissioning source of Air Force officers, which allows students to complete their college degree while concurrently receiving top-notch military training.
We are providing a New Student Orientation Program (NSOP) to ensure that you are qualified to be in the AFROTC Program. Time will be set aside to complete routine paperwork and answer many of the questions you have about this exciting step toward your future. The following information is provided for your reference:
- What: Air Force ROTC New Student Orientation Program (Fall Semester 2023)
- Who: New students in AFROTC
- Date: Wednesday, 9 August 2023
- Time: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Location: Barrow Hall (VSU's North Campus)
Classes start the week of August 14th .
To make this an efficient process, please bring the following items:
- Original Birth Certificate with a raised seal (or proof of citizenship if not by birth)*
- Social Security Card*
- Selective Service number print-out (only required for males 18 years of age or older) at https://www.sss.gov/
- OFFICIAL Copies of ALL college and high school transcripts (to include AP classes)
- JROTC certificates (if applicable)
- Print out of most recent scholastic exam scores (SAT/ACT)
- A completed sports physical documented on the AFROTC Form 28 (AFROTC Form 28 provided in enrollment email)
- Your VSU class schedule:
- Register for AS 1000 and AS 1001.
- Transfer students must speak with a cadre member before registering for classes.
* We will make a copy of the original documents and return them before you leave
Khaki slacks, white polo tucked in, brown/black belt, and closed toed brown/black shoes. Men's hair must not exceed 1 1/4 inch in bulk and women's hair must not extend past their shirt collar.
Due to the requirements for the orientation paperwork, parents are unable to attend.
If you are unable to attend NSOP, you will need to contact us as soon as possible and make arrangements to complete your paperwork.
Department of Aerospace Studies / AFROTC
200 Pendleton Drive
Valdosta, Georgia 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5954
- Fax: 229.333.5467