How to Pay Fees
It is the student’s responsibility to determine the balance due on their account and render payment of the full balance by the fee payment deadlines. Students with an outstanding balance on their account after fee deadlines are subject to class cancellation and holds. If classes are canceled, the student will be notified by e-mail.
Students with sufficient authorized financial aid or scholarships to pay for ALL charges will automatically have their schedules validated and receive an email notification. However, it is the student's responsibility to review their account at EACH fee payment deadline to ensure no additional payments are due (i.e., account changes due to class schedule adjustments, financial aid removal, etc.).
Invoices are not mailed, but eBills (electronic invoices) are posted online each semester in the VSU Student Online Account Center, after the early registration period has ended. Dates that eBills are made available may be viewed from the Bursary Calendar.
TYPES OF PAYMENT ACCEPTED
- VSU Student Online Account Center - Step-by-step instructions
- WebCheck - checking or savings account online. NOTE: You will need your bank routing number and your checking or savings account number. Please verify these numbers with your bank before entering to ensure you have the correct information.
- Credit/Debit Card - Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express. NOTE: There is a third party service fee of 2.85% when paying by credit/debit card. This fee is assessed and retained by our third party vendor for use of this service. As a money saving tip, instead of submitting payment via Debit Card, submit payment as a WebCheck, which has no fee. Just be sure you use the correct bank account number as it likely is not the same as your debit card number.
- Check (payable to Valdosta State University with the student’s Banner ID number and telephone number on check)
- Accepted: Personal Checks, Travelers Checks, Cashiers Checks and Money Orders payable to Valdosta State
- Not Accepted: Counter or Starter Checks, 3rd party Checks and Credit Card Checks
- Third Party Contracts
- Authorized Financial Aid View the Online Student Account Center to ensure your anticipated aid is showing as a credit toward your balance.
- Nelnet Payment Option In partnership with Nelnet Business Solutions, VSU offers this payment option. Learn specifics of the plan by visiting http://www.mycollegepaymentplan.com/vsu. If you have questions after reviewing the information, email your questions to us at email@example.com.
WHERE TO PAY
- Online - WebCheck or Credit/Debit Card through VSU's Student Online Account Center
- In Person - checks or cash only at the University Bursary (8 AM to 5 PM Monday – Thursday, 8 AM to 2:30 PM Friday)
- By Mail - Address to Cashier-Bursary, Valdosta State University, 1500 N. Patterson Street, Valdosta, GA 31698 (Should be received by fee payment deadline; please include student ID# and current phone number on check or money order).
HOW MUCH TO PAY
- The number of hours you are registered for and your residency status determines your tuition amount.
- Housing and meal plan charges, if applicable, must also be paid by the fee payment deadline.
- The Board of Regents approves tuition and fees each school year.
- Rates are usually effective each Fall, but are subject to change according to Board policy.
- You can use our fee schedules to help you determine what your tuition and fees will be each semester based on the number of registered hours.