About the Library's Digital Signage
- Serves as a way to advertise library events, services, resources, and space.
- Other campus departments and organizations may also submit signs for display.
- Library digital signage may not be used for explicitly commercial or personal purposes
Agreement Terms for Campus Signage
Digital Signage in Odum Library is a shared campus resource. Contributors must agree by the terms listed below:
- Content displayed on Odum Library digital signage must be in direct support of an official VSU event, service or academic activity.
- There will be no commercial or personal messages displayed on Odum Library digital signage.
- Length of time for content to be displayed will be seven days. Request to extend the rotation of content will be allowed for an extended seven days.
- Content found to be offensive or non-supportive of VSU’s mission statement will not be allowed to be displayed.
- Digital Signage in Odum Library will be used to display dangerous weather and safety warnings in coordination with the office of Public Safety and Environmental Safety
Submissions must be made at least 1 week in advance of posting.
Academic Divisions, Division of Student Affairs, Student Organizations, and Office of Communication
- Send submissions using our online submission form for campus units.
- Any person or organization not affiliated Valdosta State University must be sponsored by a Valdosta State University department or school in order to have their content displayed on the digital signage.
Technical Guidelines and Specifications
Accepted Sign Dimensions for Images and Video
- 1920 x 1080 pixels (Landscape orientation)
Accepted Formats at this time
- Image:PNG (preferred), TIF, GIF, JPEG, BMP
Optimum Text Size
- font size 18 or larger
If creating digital signs in PowerPoint you must:
- Use our PowerPoint Template: Version 1, Version 2, or Version 3 ( default landscape dimensions in PPT are compatible with digital signage and will be accepted)
- Save and submit your PPT slide(s) as images to ensure correct formatting and fonts
Suggestions for Creating Content
- Keep content brief and to the point: what, who, when, where, how.
- Limit to one announcement, event, or feature per slide.
- Put a headline on each slide.
- Balance text and graphics.
- Minimal text is best and can be paired with interesting/colorful/high impact graphics.
- Heavier text should be paired with simple graphics.
- Outlining text helps it stand out against the background.
- Remember that slides display for only seconds and people view them in passing
Odum Library adheres to the copyright policy set forth by the USG Board of Regents. Using someone else's photos, fonts, songs, etc. without permission is a violation of copyright.
- Always look for license or copyright information.
- Lack of information does not imply permission.
- Use only media that has availability and restrictions clearly posted.
- Obtain permissions from the legal owner when necessary.
- Avoid media that uses celebrities, book/movie/game characters, non-VSU logos, etc.
- Consider using Creative Commons to help you find media that meets copyright guidelines.
- Create your own media content. You own the copyright.
From Stanford University Copyright and Fair Use:
“Assume It's Protected: As a general rule, it is wise to operate under the assumption that all works are protected by either copyright or trademark law unless conclusive information indicates otherwise. A work is not in the public domain simply because it has been posted on the Internet (a popular fallacy) or if it lacks a copyright notice (another myth).”
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Lending Services
- Phone: 229.333.5869
- Reference Services
- Phone: 229.333.7149
- Interlibrary Loan
- Phone: 229.333.5867
- Administrative Office
- Phone: 229.333.5860
- Academic Support Center
- Phone: 229.333.7570
- New Media Center
- Phone: 229.333.5863
- Phone: 229.333.7150
Sun: 12 pm - 12 am
Mon-Thu: 7 am - 12 am
Fri: 7 am - 8 pm
Sat: 12 pm - 8 pm