If you attended any colleges or universities following the completion of your secondary school: 

You must submit transcripts from each institution that reflects courses taken and grades earned. The University requires that original documents or certified copies be sent. Certified English translations must accompany any records which are not in English.

Students that attended universities outside the U.S.:

  • Future international undergraduate students who wish to transfer college/ university credit from foreign universities are required to submit a professional course-by-course evaluation of their credentials. The student or sponsoring organization bears the cost of these evaluations. Certified evaluations are sent from the credential-evaluating agency (we recommend Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.) directly to Valdosta State University. Once the course-by-course evaluation is received, the Admissions Office works with faculty advisors to fit the student's past coursework into the curriculum at VSU. The student will receive a report from the Admissions Office outlining the amount of credit awarded and grades. Students can also work with the Admissions Office upon arrival if there are concerns about how credit has been awarded or grades assigned. Academic work completed within the United States does not need to be evaluated by one of these services.
    • A maximum of 90 semester hours may be transferred towards a bachelor's degree at VSU. 
    • IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please go to the Undergraduate Admissions page for more details regarding transfer credits. 
  • Future international graduate students who are applying for a graduate program, will need to have any international university transcripts they have evaluated by one of the agencies that are a member of NACES, and have the evaluation sent to the Graduate school. A course-by-course evaluation, with GPA and degree awarded is required.

Graduate students will need to provide evidence of the equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree. A maximum of 6 semester hours may be transferred from foreign graduate coursework to VSU.