Returning to VSU
We are glad that you choose to come back to Valdosta State University! Below are the steps that you would need to follow to get readmitted to Valdosta State University:
- Fill out the Undergraduate Readmission Form and the Certificate of Finance.
- Send a copy of your most recent passport information page to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call the VSU Solutions Center to get into you VSU account again, if you do not have a U.S. Social Security number on file with VSU. If you do, use the password reset portal to regain access to your VSU account.
- After the Registrar's Office has processed your application for readmission, the International Student Advisor will contact you regarding your application, and what your options are for receiving your new form I-20.
- Mailing Options
- Regular Mail - please verify your foreign mailing address/permanent mailing address
- Express Mail - please follow the instructions here.
- New option due to COVID-19: Your form I-20 will only be sent to you via your VSU e-mail
- Mailing Options
- After receiving your new form I-20, go to the SEVIS I-901 Fee processing website, to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee associated with your new SEVIS record (and form I-20).
- Renewing your student visa: While it is not necessary to renew your student visa if it will not have expired by the date your classes will have started, the US Department of State does recommend that you renew your student (F-1) visa if you have not been in the US for more than 5 months.
Orientation and Advising
- Signing up for classes
- You need to contact the advisor for your major, if you have applied for readmission, as an "Undecided/General Studies" major, please contact Centralized Advising. Business majors will need to contact the College of Business' Student Advising Center.
- Please look in Banner> Student Information section for your advisor's information, or contact the major's Department to see who you will need to get in contact with.
- College of Business Advising: email@example.com
- College of the Arts Advising: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences Advising: email@example.com
- College of Education and Human Services Advising: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Science and Mathematics Advising: email@example.com
- College of Nursing & Health Sciences Advising Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Some advisors may be willing to advise you over email or over the phone, and some might require to meet with you in person. You can plan your arrival so that you can meet with an advisor before classes start. Remember, you can only enter the US within 30 days of the first day of classes.
- Readmission Instructions
- Attend the International Student Orientation hosted by the Center for International Programs.
- You might have attended the orientation before, but you will be required to check-in with the International Student Advisor and attend the international student orientation if you have not been attending VSU for more than 1 year. Things might have changed, or you might not remember certain information, and this will help you refresh your memory. This will be when you will be checking-in with the Center for International Programs.
- You will not need to attend the VSU Student Orientation again.
204 Georgia Ave
Valdosta, GA 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
The Center for International Programs is currently operating remotely. While we are not physically on campus, our work continues in a modified format and our goal is to respond within 24 hours.
Monday- Thursday 8:00 am- 5:30 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 3:00 pm