Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (Large Allocation)
Departments or organizations historically receiving funding in excess of $1,000 in prior years are invited to submit their request to the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee. These include departments or organizations with large-scale programs and services designed for all students.
[Organizations historically receiving funding of $1,000 or less in prior years or organizations with special interest program emphasis and/or registered organizations that have not received funding in the past must apply and be awarded by the Student Government Association Blazer Allocation Committee for two consecutive years prior to submitting a request to the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee]
Considerations for Allocation
The Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC) uses the following criteria when allocating funding:
- Certain essential services and salary/benefit obligations must be met first. Other programs/services which are designed to be utilized by all will be given first consideration.
- Second priority in funding is given to programs that are designed for all students.
- Third priority is given to programs of special interest groups that are open to all students.
- Then, in non-priority order, budget requests will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Past performance and budget management of the organization.
- Programs or services with broad appeal to various students.
- Programs and services that cross organizations and encourages co-sponsorship and shared responsibilities.
- Programs and services that support the development of community on campus and maximizes cultural diversity.
- Programs and services that complement Valdosta State University's mission.
The following are specific questions that must be answered in the development of the budget preparation statement:
- What is the purpose of the organization or activity?
- What are the goals and objectives of the organization or activity?
- How does the organization or activity support the student experience at Valdosta State University?
- How many students are involved in the services/activities provided by the organization or activity?
- What other source of funding does the organization or activity receive?
- How can additional budget expenditures be justified?
- What activities would be deleted if the budget allocation were lower than this current fiscal year's?