Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (Large Allocation)
Departments or organizations historically receiving funding in excess of $1,000 in prior years are invited to submit their request to the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee. These include departments or organizations with large-scale programs and services designed for all students.
[Organizations historically receiving funding of $1,000 or less in prior years or organizations with special interest program emphasis and/or registered organizations that have not received funding in the past must apply and be awarded by the Student Government Association Blazer Allocation Committee for two consecutive years prior to submitting a request to the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee]
Considerations for Allocation
The Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC) uses the following criteria when allocating funding:
- Certain essential services and salary/benefit obligations must be met first. Other programs/services which are designed to be utilized by all will be given first consideration.
- Second priority in funding is given to programs that are designed for all students.
- Third priority is given to programs of special interest groups that are open to all students.
- Then, in non-priority order, budget requests will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Past performance and budget management of the organization.
- Programs or services with broad appeal to various students.
- Programs and services that cross organizations and encourages co-sponsorship and shared responsibilities.
- Programs and services that support the development of community on campus and maximizes cultural diversity.
- Programs and services that complement Valdosta State University's mission.
The following are specific questions that must be answered in the development of the budget preparation statement:
- What is the purpose of the organization or activity?
- What are the goals and objectives of the organization or activity?
- How does the organization or activity support the student experience at Valdosta State University?
- How many students are involved in the services/activities provided by the organization or activity?
- What other source of funding does the organization or activity receive?
- How can additional budget expenditures be justified?
- What activities would be deleted if the budget allocation were lower than this current fiscal year's?
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Monday - Thursday, 8:00AM-5:30PM