Data Science and Analytics Boot Camp
Start a Career in Data Science and Analytics
Data scientists will play an important role in how we interact with and use technology in the future. They are needed to analyze and report on the mass amounts of data being collected by organizations across the globe. They are also in high demand, with job growth outpacing other career fields.
The Data Science and Analytics Boot Camp will help you master knowledge and understanding of the data science and data analytics fields with comprehensive job training in just seven months. You will learn the fundamentals of data science, principles of machine learning, python programming, data analytics, and data visualization. You will also prepare for Microsoft PL-300 (Power BI Data Analyst) certification, as well as have the option for bonus courses that help you earn other top industry certifications, such as Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900), Azure Data Fundamentals (DP-900), and Azure Data Scientist (DP-100).
Data Science and Analytics Job Outlook
What You Will Learn
In our Data Science and Analytics Boot Camp, you will explore:
- Data science and analytics definitions, history, current state, goals, models, and more
- Key concepts such as accuracy, precision, confidence correlation, and causation
- How to visualize data using Power BI and Microsoft Excel
- Learn to use Python, NumPy, Matplotlib, Seaborn, and Pandas
- Concepts around Querying Data with SQL
- Best practices around storytelling and data presentations
- How to apply data science and data analytics concepts in real-life situations/projects
How Boot Camps Work
- Seven (7) months of interactive, self-paced training that requires 15-25 hours a week to complete the curriculum
- Prepare to pass the Microsoft PL-300 (Power BI Data Analyst) exam, which will allow you to work in the data science and analytics field
- Option to prepare for Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900), Azure Data Fundamentals (DP-900), and Azure Data Scientist (DP-100) through bonus courses
- Get 10 30-minute online coaching sessions with your instructor
Data Science and Analytics FAQs
What does a data scientist do?
A data scientist is charged with extracting meaning and interpreting information derived from data sets. A professional in this role will spend most of their time on the job collecting, cleaning, modeling, processing, and analyzing data. This typically requires a person to understand the tools and methods used in statistics and machine learning.
How do I become a data scientist?
This Data Science and Analytics Boot Camp will fully prepare you with the knowledge and training you need to begin a career as a data scientist. In this type of career, you will need good analytical skills, communication skills, math skills, and problem-solving skills. You will also need to be detail-oriented and a logical thinker.
What type of job roles will the Data Science and Analytics Boot Camp prepare me for?
- Data Storyteller
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Machine Learning Engineer
Are there prerequisites or prior experience needed to enroll?
Given the technical nature of our Data Science and Analytics Boot Camp, it is ideal if you have experience working as a business analyst, financial analyst, or another analyst role. Otherwise, you must have a good understanding of mathematics and/or statistics and some basic programming knowledge.
Will this course prepare me for a certification?
Yes, this boot camp will prepare you for the Microsoft PL-300 (Power BI Data Analyst). You will also have access to included bonus courses and have the option to prepare for the following exams: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900), Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals (DP-900), and the Microsoft Azure Data Scientist (DP-100).
How will the training course be conducted?
Learning is entirely online and self-paced to suit your schedule. You will have access to fully immersive learning through lecture video lessons, workshops for real-world practice, weekly projects, discussion boards to engage with peers, and live one-on-one coaching sessions with an industry expert instructor.
Registration and Enrollment
This is a self-paced course that can be completed 100% online. With open enrollment, you can start anytime.
Office of Professional and Community Education
Professional and Community Education
903 N Patterson Street
Valdosta GA 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.245.6484
Monday - Thursday:
8 AM - 5:30 PM
8 AM - 3 PM