Virginia McCraw Gaskins Scholarship
SCHOOL OF NURSING
One scholarship is offered each year from funds provided in memory of Virginia McCraw Gaskins. Preference is given to students who are pursuing a course of study leading to a degree in nursing.
The application deadline for this award is April 1.
Additional Requirements for all recipients (In addition to the criteria above)
- Recipient possess and must maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Recipient must have completed 15 hours in the major
- Recipient must participate in one Open House/Campus tours or recruitment events in the semester the award is received.
- Recipient must participate 16 hours in community service activities in the South Georgia in the semester the award is received. (Student must secure their community service activities within one month of receiving the scholarship):
- Partnership for Health
- Local food bank
- Homeless shelter
- Habitat for humanity
- Langdale Hospice House
- American Cancer Society
- Community soup kitchen
- Battered Women’s Organization
- Or any other agency as approved by the scholarship committee