SOLIS Internship Reimbursement Award
Application guidelines – SOLIS Internship Reimbursement Award
Starting from spring 2022, SOLIS, the Student Organization for Library and Information Science, offers one annual cash award of $250 that rewards students for seeking experience outside of coursework to meet their career goals. This scholarship is available to students who have completed – or are in the process of completing – an unpaid internship. The award availability is dependent on availability of SOLIS funds. SOLIS funds are primarily generated by sales of MLIS T-Shirts.
- Internship must be unpaid.
- Internship should be completed in the past year or is currently in progress.
- Unpaid internships that also count for coursework are eligible (MLIS 7960 - Supervised Fieldwork).
- Applicants must be currently matriculated at VSU.
B. Submitting an Application
- MLIS candidates meeting eligibility standards 1 through 4 may apply for the SOLIS Internship Reimbursement Award in the spring semester.
- Deadline for submitting applications is February 12.
- Applicants must provide the proof of internship such as a letter from the internship supervisor or certificate of completion. Proof of enrollment in MLIS 7960 and good standing in the course should also be provided if the unpaid internship counts for coursework in MLIS 7960.
- Write a short essay with 200-500 words about the internship, discussing how it fits the applicant’s career goals. The essay should include the applicant’s name, VSU Student ID number, and their current mailing address.
- Include a completed MLIS Program of Study form in the application packet.
- The MLIS Awards and Scholarship Committee will review the application.
- The award recipient will receive their notification and funding once application review is completed.
The award will be mailed to the student’s current mailing address in the spring semester.E. Submission instructions
Submit your application essay and completed Program of Study form to your MLIS advisor:
- email is preferred
- Fax: 229-259-5055 (to the attention of your advisor)
If you prefer to mail in your application on paper use the following address:
Department of Library and Information Studies, Odum 4600
Valdosta State University
1500 North Patterson St.
Valdosta GA 31698
ATTN: “your advisor”
Dept. of Library and Information Studies
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5966
- Fax: 229.259.5055