- Processors: Should be rated medium to high. Anything lower is not recommended.
- Intel: i5 or i7.
- AMD: Ryzen 7 1700 or Ryzen 7 1800X.
- Memory: Up to your discretion; the more memory your PC has, the faster it will run.
- RAM: 8GB or 16GB.
- Storage: At least 500GB.
- Desktop Type: Traditional PC with Monitor.
- Laptop Type: Windows and Apple are sufficient choices, but be sure to be familiar with the operating system you choose.
- Hybrid Tablets, such as the Microsoft Surface Pro, are great for multipurpose use.
- Chromebooks or Netbooks are NOT recommended due to hardware limitations.
- Manufacturing Brand: HP, Acer, Asus, Dell, Lenovo.
- Vendors: Best Buy, Amazon, Wal-Mart, Office-Max, New Egg.
Technology Training for Incoming Students
VSU has free software that can be downloaded from the Home Software page. In particular you need to download the anti-virus software they provide.
Microsoft Office 365 is an all-in-one communications and collaboration platform for university faculty, staff and students. Features include:
Students, faculty, and staff of VSU may install, at no charge, the latest Microsoft Office Suite on up to five (5) personal computers; and Office Mobile apps on up to five (5) devices through the Microsoft Advantage program. By installing the software, you agree to uninstall upon graduation or end of employment with VSU.
Free Installation of Office Software