Master's in Education - Career - Technical Education
The Career - Technical Education Option is designed to provide advanced knowledge, skills and dispositions for all middle grades and secondary Career Technical and Agricultural Education (CTAE) areas leading to an Advanced Teacher Certificate and upgrade as approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission. The degree program is delivered 100% online.
A capstone experience is required to complete the degree.
Applications are accepted on a continual basis.
REQUIRED OF ALL STUDENTS FOR REGULAR ADMISSION: Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university in education or related field; Undergraduate GPA 2.5 and above; GRE score of 144 or more on the quantitative portion; the score on the verbal portion of the GRE must be 147 or above; an analytical writing score of 4.0, or receive a MAT raw score of 375.
Applicants with an undergraduate overall GPA of 3.0 or higher will not have to take the GRE or MAT exam to be considered for admission.
A minimum of 36 hours beyond Bachelor’s degree is required.
CORE - (15 hours)
- RSCH 7100 Research Methodology in Education
- PSYC 7010 Learning and Assessment
- PSYC 7040 Adult Learning and Assessment
- ACED 7620 – Evaluation of ACED Programs
- ACED 7640 - Issues and Trends in ACED
- ACED 7990 – Analysis of Research in ACED
AREA OF EMPHASIS - Career and Technical Education (21 hours)
- EDUC 5999 – Professional Orientation (No Credit)
- ACED 7020 – History and Philosophy of ACED
- ACED 7530 – Supervision & Mentoring in ACED
- ACED 7410 – New Teacher Institute
- ACED 7680 – Contemporary Instructional Practices in Workforce Education
- ACED 7430 – Advanced New Teacher Workshop
- ACED 8450 – Multimedia Authoring and Design
- ACED 7120 – Electronic Courseware Design & Development
- ACED 7710 – Managing the Classroom and Laboratory Learning Environment
- ACED 7150 – Adult Learning & Development
- ACED 7950 – Directed Study in ACED (Capstone)
Guided Electives - Appropriate to the Student's Plan of Study (3 Hours)
In the CTE option, any courses taken at the undergraduate level may not be duplicated at the Master’s level.
This program does not satisfy requirements for initial teacher certification, but may satisfy the requirements for advanced teacher certification in Career & Technical, and Agricultural Education fields. Verification should be obtained on an individual basis by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission at www.gapsc.com to verify approval in writing and to have the certification file noted.
Contact Mrs. Pam Dobbins, Instructor
For admission information please visit the Graduate School Website.
- Main Office
Curriculum, Leadership, and Technology Building
1310 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698