My Friends House
My Friend's House
Activity Center for Seniors
109 West Moore St.
Valdosta State University
Information About My Friend's House
We provide activities that promote social, physical, creative, and cognitive stimulation. The staff is qualified to guide our friends through their individual activity of interest.
- Exercise: Indoor and outdoor games and activities are geared to help maintain muscle strength, joint flexibility, and hand-eye coordination
- Games and Activities: Each friend engages in activities best suited for their cognitive abilities
- Memory Lane: Time is set aside for participants to discuss important events, places, things, and people from the past. This is usually an exciting sharing of by-gone eras.
- Arts & Crafts: Friends enjoy painting, molding, pasting, coloring, flower arranging, mosaics, cake decorating, and much more
Caregiver Support Group
Caregiver support group meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm at 109 West Moore Street Valdosta, GA 31602
Powerful Tools for Caregivers
Powerful Tools is a 6-week training developed for caregivers and their families. This program focuses on caregiver well-being, best practices on caring for others, and finding a balance between self-care and caring for others.
Dealing With Dementia
Dealing with Dementia is a 4-day training from the Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiveing that focuses on knowledge specifically for dementia care.
Hours of Operation
Seniors may attend anytime during hours of operation:
- Monday-Thursday from 8:30am - 4:00pm
- Friday from 8:30am - 3:00pm
- Closed on Saturday and Sunday
Snacktimes and Lunchtime
Seniors must bring their lunch. We provide all snacks and drinks.
- Lunch: 12:00pm
- Snacks: 10:00am / 3:00pm
Department of Human Services
Converse Hall, 2nd floor
1500 N Patterson Street
Valdosta, Ga 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5776