The MSW Application Review Committee takes a holistic approach to assessing applications. The following requirements should be met:
1. An undergraduate degree that has a liberal arts base
2. Prerequisite undergraduate courses with a grade of 'C' or better:
- Humanities - 6 hours
- Mathematics - 3 hours
- Social Sciences - 6 hours
- Additionally, courses with content in Human Development, Behavioral Science, or Human Biology are highly recommended.
3. Grade Point Average
- 3.0 Grade Point Average in the last two years of undergraduate major
- 2.5 Overall Grade Point Average
- 3.0 Grade Point Average is required if a Master's degree is used for application
Additionally, the following materials must be submitted for review:
4. Completed Graduate Admission Application
5. Three Letters of Recommendation* from people familiar with your work and/or academic history. Recommenders must also complete the MSW Recommendation Forms*Advanced Standing Students - 1 letter must be from BSW practicum/instructor/supervisor or Faculty Field Liaison.
6. Transcripts from all schools you previously attended, even if you did not graduate from that institution.
**Academic credit will not be given for life experience or previous work experience.
Deadline for applications is January 14 of each year for Advanced Standing Admissions (applicants who have earned a B.S.W. from a C.S.W.E.-accredited institution within the last 5 years) and February 14 of each year for standard applications. Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis.
Classes start in August for both regular M.S.W. students and Advanced Standing M.S.W. students.