The MSW Application Review Committee takes a holistic approach to assessing applications. The following requirements should be met:
1. An undergraduate degree that has a liberal arts base
2. Prerequisite undergraduate courses with a grade of 'C' or better:
- Humanities - 6 hours
- Mathematics - 3 hours
- Social Sciences - 6 hours
- Additionally, courses with content in Human Development, Behavioral Science, or Human Biology are highly recommended.
3. Grade Point Average
- 3.0 Grade Point Average in the last two years of undergraduate major
- 2.5 Overall Grade Point Average
- 3.0 Grade Point Average is required if a Master's degree is used for application
Additionally, the following materials must be submitted for review:
5. Three Letters of Recommendation from people familiar with your work and/or academic history. Recommenders must also complete the MSW Recommendation Forms.*Advanced Standing Students - 1 letter must be from BSW practicum/instructor/supervisor or Faculty Field Liaison.
6. Transcripts from all schools you previously attended, even if you did not graduate from that institution.
**Academic credit will not be given for life experience or previous work experience.
Deadline for applications is March 31st of each year for Advanced Standing Admissions and June 30th of each year for Standard Admissions. Applications completed after the deadline will be considered on a space available basis. Admissions Frequently Asked Questions.