Gamma Nu is the Valdosta State University chapter of Chi Sigma Iota Professional Honor Society International. Gamma Nu provides VSU Counselor Education graduate students with events to connect with other students, professional workshops, and contact with future counselor education professionals. During the 2020-2021 school year, Gamma Nu gave students many opportunities to grow in their professional and student career with events including new member initiation ceremony, mental health advocacy workshop, mental health advocacy and helping professional virtual research conference, virtual Linkedin workshop, and an end of the year celebration.
Learn more about Gamma Nu and all the Honor Society provides for the Counseling students by viewing:
- Past Newsletters
- Past events held:
- Upcoming events:
- CSI Gamma Nu chapter is going to welcome new members on 11/14/21 with the initiation ceremony.
Chi Sigma Iota is a international professional honor society for counseling academics Learn more about the national Chi Sigma Iota by visiting their website here.
For more information about Chi Sigma Iota at Valdosta, please contact the faculty advisor Dr. Huzeyfe Cakmakci at email@example.com.
In response to the COVID pandemic, the Student Health Center, Counseling Center, and the Department of Human Services have teamed up to provide mental health resources for VSU. The new program was announced in January 2020 and is called HOPE Connect.
The resources available include:
- A 24/7/365 mental health support line for in-the-moment support and linkages to next steps, regardless of time of day or your location
- Virtual Psychiatric Clinics to offer assessment and medication management
- Personal Student Navigators to assist with referral coordination and support
- “The Wellness Hub” which includes an App and an online wellness magazine with educational content, self-help tools and resource links
Please visit the HOPE Connect webpage to learn more about this program