In order to be eligible for REACH Scholarship, students must be from an eligible participating school district as outlined here REACH Scholarship Eligibility.
Award Amounts for the REACH Georgia Scholarship ProgramStudents who complete the program requirements will receive a scholarship of up to $10,000 ($2,500 per year maximum) to be used towards the cost of attendance at a University System of Georgia (USG), Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG), or eligible private postsecondary institution.
- $2,500 per year, up to four years
- $1,250 per semester
- REACH scholars awarded less than the maximum amount per semester or quarter may receive the remaining funds for an additional term not to exceed the maximum semester ($1250).
A student is ineligible for the REACH Scholarship if the student:
- Has a combination of financial awards that exceed the total estimated cost of attendance; or
- Is not enrolled as a full-time student (12 credit hour course load) at the end of the drop/add period; or
- Does not activate the award within two years of high school graduation; or
- Does not use the award money within five years of award activation
Students are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year to qualify for the REACH Scholarship as outlined here.
Valdosta State University will match up to $2,500 per year for up to 4 new scholars (entering Freshmen) each year ($1,250 per semester for two terms). One returning REACH Scholar with the highest GPA (as calculated by the GSFC system) will be awarded $1,000 ($500 per semester for two terms). New Scholars are required to complete a REACH Scholarship Application by the May 30th deadline each year in order to be considered for matching funds.
Maintaining REACH Eligibility
Must be enrolled full-time at an eligible postsecondary institution
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA and Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Complete and submit Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year of college
- Cannot be in default on a federal or state educational loan or owe refund for a federal or state student financial aid program
- Additional information can be found here
Entrance #6 & #7
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Phone: 229.333.5935
Monday-Thursday: 8 am - 5:30 pm
Friday: 8 am - 3 pm