Committee Members 2022-23
Michael Black, Chair, Director, Institutional Effectiveness
Terence Sullivan, Assistant Director, Academic Support Center
Natalie Kuhlmann, Director, Professional Education Services
Michele Blankenship, Assistant Professor of Nursing and Director of Simulation
Cynthia Tori, Professor of Economics
Fanhao Nie, Associate Professor of Sociology
Sudip Chakraborty, Professor of Computer Science
Hanae Kanno, Associate Professor of Social Work
Emily Rogers, Professor and Reference Librarian, Odum Library
Josh Pifer, Associate Professor of Music
Talley Mulligan, Associate Profess of Mass Media
Who Should Be on this Committee?
- Any VSU employee with a passion for making this institution better through the use of data, assessment, and planning
How Large Should this Committee Be and How Long Should Members Serve?
- No minimum or maximum number of committee members but should be willing to collaborate with other hardworking peers
- Serve a three-year term (can renew or rotate)
What are the Benefits of Serving on this Committee?
- Creating stronger and more successful programs that strive for continuous improvement
- Faculty can describe their institutional UAC service as a student success activity (assessment of student learning) on the AFARAP and P&T materials
What are the Responsibilities of Committee Members?
- Review (independently or as a team) institutional effectiveness reports and plans collected in fall semester by applying an online checklist and by the agreed upon deadline
- Provide feedback and support to departments about their assessment programs and activities
- Create and sustain an institutional culture of assessment in each department, college, and administrative division
- Communicate with faculty and staff about promising assessment models and promote unit/program ownership of the assessment process
- Apply expertise in assessment through a proactive, collaborative, practical, honest, and candid approach
- Encourage alignment of assessment activities to learning outcomes or program outcomes
- Coordinate and communicate with the General Education Council about student learning and core curriculum assessment
- Recommend training materials to support student learning and/or planning
- Commit to attending all scheduled meetings